• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking to make your car turbocharged? READ FIRST

I just bought a 1986 760 Turbo to use as my donor car instead. It is being flatbedded to my house as I speak. $200 for the whole car. If 850 injectors are okay, what is better? Oh and yeah I will put in the turbo cars fuel pump.

I just bought a 1986 760 Turbo to use as my donor car instead. It is being flatbedded to my house as I speak. $200 for the whole car. If 850 injectors are okay, what is better? Oh and yeah I will put in the turbo cars fuel pump.

the 850 are newer, so less use one could argue with, that and possibly slightly newer or improved design (spray pattern)...would you notice the difference? doubt it and hard to know if it would show on the dyno....save your money, use the parts from the donor car

great deal and the way to go if you have the space

it is on the driver's inner fender. looks like 4 ceramic cigarrettes in a metal cage.

be careful with the wiring harness on the 86. anything pre 88 or so is liable to have a degraded wiring harness, which can cause you nightmares. but by now, most have been swapped over to replacement harnesses.

Oh! and just out of curiosity, what are all the little blue light bulbs that slide into different interior plastic parts. They never turn on, so what are they!?

I plugged one of my highbeams back in, and when on, it glows a very very very faint orange glow inside. Bad ground, resitance, relay? Anyone here ever seen this?

I wanna make my 940 turbo but dont know exactly what all to get i know i want a intercooler, turbo mani and turbo itself. what all should i add to my list? first car first time doing this. I have guides and ive done lots of reading up I have the b230f.

do I need new injectors?

Doing the conversion I would just like to know what i need to swap out.

You can use the injectors off of a Turbo 740, 760 or 940 Volvo. But you need to wire in a resistor pack to use these injectors. These injectors are low impedance; you're original 940 injectors are high impedance.

To avoid the hassle of wiring in stuff, you can find Volvo 850 Turbo injectors. These are high impedance and they are high flow.

So you either get 850 Turbo injectors or use 740, 760 or 940 Turbo injectors. I am not going to try and locate 850 injectors for my project because I have 760 turbo injectors already from my parts car.

Just a question, although its not recommended, can I just run a +t without an intercooler? I'm only lookin for a mild boost in performance and at the moment don't really have a garage to work in, and I was only wanting to run 5-7 lbs for now, I'm no scared of wiring stuff up, I just don't have the time or space to pipe in an intercooler right now

Last edited:
I am currently doing the whole +T thing...... and.... in my opinion the hardest part is getting the oil pan out of the engine. I have an entire shop with a car lift and it is still hard to get it out. The intercooler took me about 20 minutes to install and plumb in. It was also one of the easier steps in the +T conversion. If you're going to put an oil feed and return for your turbo, why would you not add an intercooler while your at it.

If you don't have the time or space to put an intercooler into your car, then I really doubt you can weld the return pipe or bolt up a turbo manifold and downpipe. +T-ing a Volvo is easy compared to turbo-ing other cars, but it is still extremely hard, even if you have the time and space.

With what is going on in the LH2.4 tuning thread, do you _really_ need the Turbo LH and EZK or can you simply upgrade the software in the N/A versions with something read from the Turbo computers? Would be a cheaper upgrade for those of us that live in places where volvo wreckers are harder to come by.

Back