• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

not really Ben's 89' RSI 245

Pulled the head again today, got stainless valves 40/48. Got lucky with some local KL racing 40mm exhaust, though I will for sure go inconel next time. Measured the cam... 47mm lift and ~36mm base circle. So I'm excited the cam is not a larger base circle and I can sell cam. Gonna go for something more tame like an IPD turbo cam for a stronger idle as well. Mine dies easy with no IAC and trying to regain some fuel economy.

Looking good! You really should use a bigger cam than the IPD turbo. You'll want the power eventually. My idle varied very little between the IPD turbo and RSI stage 3. Idle quality and fuel economy are all in the tune.

Also, what's the reason for no IAC?

Cam profile, large base circle, the plenum intake, overlap and the car didn't have one put in. I'll drive both, and be dealing with LA traffic so an IAC might turn into a must. I still have the stage 3 if I'm not a fan.

I agree. Just keep the stage 3 in. You won't regret it. That's what I use and our setups are pretty similar. You really should put in an IAC. It helps a ton.

Back