• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

DIY 240 Series Coilover Instructions

yep, thats the down side of cutting and welding the housings to shorten them. the are rarely straight after + you have weld slag on the inside to worry about as well.

Its the same money for components that fit tho.

I cut mine as high up as i possibly can, then clean and debur the cut ends. Then i use 2 pieces of angle iron and junk bilstien hd i have laying around to get it straight. Then i have a long carbide bit to debur it on the inside. Never had an issue. With more generic struts the fit isnt as tight inside the housing so you can get away with more and not even realize you welded the tube on crooked

Low

What height do you have the coilovers set at in this picture? I'm preparing to build some for my 242, and I'm thinking about passing on the whole shortening thing. I don't need extreme low rider/tucked tire status, I just want some better handling and adjustability

They were about 3/8"-1/2" from the bottom of the threads. I can go about 4" up from that point.

If you're talking to me yes I am.. There will be info in my build thread once I get my v90 spindles.

You aren't worried about the side loads ?

Most shocks won't cope well with being used as a strut because they aren't designed to withstand the same loading.

Maybe I am mistaken but the early model ball joint receivers are a little different and I *think* the height is different vs the later ball joint receivers and separate spacer. The early ball joint receiver has a built in spacer. It's either that, or I messed up really bad somewhere lol

ipd_Volvo.jpg

just did this exact setup and the stock volvo gland nuts do not fit .. had my friend machine them to fit , and i believe my tubes are bent , those kyb's were a beetch to fit

Why not just use some dampers that are built to fit like these http://www.classicswede.co.uk/-50mm...ampers_-Pair_240___260/p1733344_15352630.aspx

would save a lot of messing about making a far from optimal damper fit

Hi,

You should really overdo your webshop.. i find it pretty hard to understand what you are trying to sell.. most pictures don't fit their product description and so on...

What interests me is your DIY portfolio, pics from the short threaded struttubes, the actual shortened dampers and so on :) I dont wanna order a cat in a bag.. if you know what i mean ;)

so you want to see photos of the shprtened damper next to an original one?

mh.. if you write how much it is shorter than the genuines that wouldnt be necessary :)

On the pics it looks like it has the adjuster nut on the side.. this confuses me, cause I saw Dampers (gaz??) which had adjuster on the side of the struttube.. Also soem pics do not interchange between 2er and 9er series.. this induces you don't care about customer satisfaction and are posting pics just to makes them shut up ;)

Don't get me wrong.. your webshop just doesn't makes me want to buy a thing without questioning it via PM with you ;) Thats the only thing i want to tell you right here ;)

Don't get me wrong.. your webshop just doesn't makes me want to buy a thing without questioning it via PM with you ;) Thats the only thing i want to tell you right here ;)

He IS right, the shop is messy and not clear what you are looking at. You could sell a LOT more if you changed it, and it's not responsive/adaptive either :-(

If it had a white background that would change a lot.

I can help you with a new cool modern shop :cool:

Back