• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New Member getting ready to go turbo

so to post pics here first go to your postimg page and find the pic you want and right click and select copy image address
guide%201_zpsrx9ypmal.png

then click this mountain looking button and paste the image address you copied and click ok
guide%202_zpsidemcacy.png

Brakes came in today so got them installed , this is how she sits on IPD springs and 205/65/15's . After I get the windshield installed I will be working on getting all the needed parts I will need to freshen up the b230ft (gaskets hoses etc. ) as well as the resistor pack I will need and the oil cooler. Although the clutch didn't slip I'll be doing the clutch and the rear engine seals as well so it will take me a bit of time to earn and get up all the parts I need for the swap to be done right.

I posted some photos in the showroom as well.

14329905_10210133500150021_5235788761340946025_n.jpg

You can also run later high impendce injectors and not runs the restitor pack also.

I read about that when I was looking into resistor packs and This will be the route I am going, I prefer not to splice the wires , plus its one less step, yet its one less part I have to see.

After I pull the Engine an transmission I plan to do some body work in the engine bay, hide a few wires ....then finish with my rhino truck bed lining.

Injector impedience info, just check the part number http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm

This is great spent a lot of time here.

Ok so I was suggested to go with the red injectors from an 850 turbo, I found the P/N 0-280-150-785 at high ind. and ev1 at a flow rate of 29.5

Looking into other options (what I am able to find affordable) I found some.

p/n/ 0-280-155-830 blue injectors high ind. EV6 and a flow rate of 30.

I think I am on the money here with these blue injectors but just wanted to check with some experts to make sure I got this right before I buy them and find out that there is something else beside spray pattern, flow rate and ind.

Update

Yeah I got it all apart and and waiting for the gaskets , ran across an issue with the original car with the b230f having a cold start injector and the newer engine with the b230ft does not. So I prepped and painted the wrong intake. Anyway I got to taking the b230f intake apart and got to wondering about the computer from the b230ft and wondering if it has the ability to control that injector properly because it did not operate one before.

So now I am wondering should I go with or with out the cold start injector. I live in maine so I think it would be good to have and the car was starting and running great before I took it apart, but if there is going to be an issue with the computer then I can't do it so far I haven't found much info about it.

I think I found the info I needed here on TB (quoted from the post I found ) "Also you don't have lh2.4. Also LH 2.4 doesn't need the cold start injector. If it doesn't have the cold start with lh2.4 only, it will still work. The lh2.4 ECU knows if you do or you don't and can do either. The earlier lh that you have, different story and I don't know it...."
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=184958

So if what I am reading I am reading correctly , I can just use my older manifold with the CS injector and the computer will know what to do?

Boy I hope its that simple.

as for the cold start injector, if your newly swapped computers (from the 740) ran an engine without an cold start injector, then you don't need to use the cold start injector.

VOlvos without cold start injectors, simply read the engine temperature from the ECT sensor (there are 2 temp sensors, one for gauges and one for the computer) when the car is cold, it richens the mixture and accomplishes the same effect until the car is warm.

The senor that goes to the ecu mounted on the head and is the one of the right (the one with a black connector)
20140411_194358.jpg

I think I found the info I needed here on TB (quoted from the post I found ) "Also you don't have lh2.4. Also LH 2.4 doesn't need the cold start injector. If it doesn't have the cold start with lh2.4 only, it will still work. The lh2.4 ECU knows if you do or you don't and can do either. The earlier lh that you have, different story and I don't know it...."
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=184958

So if what I am reading I am reading correctly , I can just use my older manifold with the CS injector and the computer will know what to do?

Boy I hope its that simple.

disregard my last posts, yes use your old mani. It should be all good. If it isnt then all youd need to do is unplug the cs injector

Back