• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2016 East vs. West Competition.

I kinda want to run the 1/4 mile in my completely stock (and slightly broken) 245... just to see what it does...

let's start this sh<v>it off BITCHES.
162358721.jpg

my bone stock 940 turbo. :cough:

Nice Run. What converter are you running?

The Northern twin is down for the turbo and engine upgrade right now. I had a few slightly bend rods on the little 4.8.
Plus it was 12 degrees here this morning so I wont be joining the fun till spring.

a revmax stage 5 "tight stall" tripple disc (mostly for towing, I'll have to look but I don't think I locked the converter going down the track). I honestly don't know where it stalls, by the time I've got my foot to the floor it's doing a massive burnout. (just looked, no, not locking going down the track)

When I get some better tires, I'll do the sloppy brake and see if I can figure out where the stall speed really is.

For the price it looks like the rev max stuff is worth a look. Currently looking for a converter for the 4L80 going on the 2JZ. Expecting it to be trial and error, trying not to break the bank.

For the price it looks like the rev max stuff is worth a look. Currently looking for a converter for the 4L80 going on the 2JZ. Expecting it to be trial and error, trying not to break the bank.

they did the converter for the gold car as well, with a brake it'd be perfect. I will probably have the v8's converter re-stalled when the trans comes out.. whenever that is. (I fear.. the pump may not be in the best of shape)

Formal submission for the west.
13.50 @ 100.71, .023 RT, 2.011 60'

Pic already sent to Ken via text.

4 runs tonight, 3 13.78-13.79, all at 99-100mph, last was 13.50 at 100 once I got a solid launch.

Now I'm even more anxious to get the big valved 531 on there, see what it'll do when not choked up. I've had 102mph before, on the 531 and 15G, but didn't have the wheelspin I was fighting last night. Next time I run will be with the 531, and maybe I'll leave some of the extra's in the back at home to drop 50lbs. This run was in full street trim, only difference was airing down to 24lbs.

And now with video of that run...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZfRTvKk4ODg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Track opened for wednesday drags last week, weather pending. Temps this week have been in the 70's, 50's at night. Last pass it was around 53*. :)

think I forgot to turn the camera on for the run (wouldn't have seen the timing tower anyway), but yeah west coast can sit on this and spin:

goldie went 12.318 @ 124.56mph

no traction control to save my ass on that car.

the full rundown:
60' - 2.098
330' - 5.688
1/8 - 8.345
1/8 mph - 94.00 (how does that even happen?!)
1/4 - 12.318
1/4 mph - 124.56

that would be on 225/50/16 all seasons, no spray (wouldn't have helped if I had it, **** was all over the track until 3rd anyway)

162573854.jpg

Last edited:
Dang! Way to go. You come out of retirement with Goldie and immediately run 125mph. So it was really broken all this time? Just waiting to lay the smack down if needed??

Back