• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet, September 5-7. AutoX, Dragon Running, Good Times

What Campground are we staying at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

propav8r

F*ck Edgar
Whatzit?

So after some discussion and date shuffling, it has been decided that we're doing a Volvo get-together up here in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. The weekend of September 5th is a long weekend for most of us.

I live in Franklin, so I'm pretty well centrally located for all this good stuff.

My Contact Information:

If you need to get in touch with me directly, you can text/call 828-200-7824.

If you're arriving Friday or Friday night, head toward my house: 63 Skylark Street, Franklin, NC 28734

Parking: I'll have parking for 5 additional cars in my driveway. The house across the street from my back driveway has been for sale forever, and has parking for 3 additional cars. Beyond that, there is a large boat ramp at the entrance to my neighborhood. If no parking is available at my house or the house across the street, you can park at the boat ramp and take a 240 shuttle up the hill.

Update!! CAMPING RESERVATION HAS BEEN MADE! We have two sites that can accommodate several tents per site at Cheoah Point Campground. Link To Map

atSMvvB.png

Here's the general plan:

Friday Night (9/4): Way-out-of-towners are welcome to arrive and hang out at the house. I've got a couple beds (1 queen, 1 twin, 1 comfy couch. Claim those now) and plenty of room to set up cots or airbeds.

Beer, burgers, brats, bros, partytime.

Saturday Morning (9/5): Rest of y'all arrive around 10. Ok, so plans for Saturday:

I got confirmation this evening that Dave will be around to show us his awesome Volvo restoration shop.

We will be leaving Franklin at 10 AM to get to Hayesville a little before 11. We will be eating breakfast at Stamey's Cafe at around 9, so if you plan to get here between 9 and 10, just meet us there.

Stamey's Cafe: 1111 East Main Street, Franklin, NC 28734

If you're coming up Saturday morning and want to join us, the best bet is to meet us at Stamey's before we head out.

We're headed to 1438 U.S. 64, Hayesville, NC 28904

I imagine we'll be there til around 1. Once we leave West Bros., we'll head to the campground. We'll discuss that day if we want to go the more direct route or take our time on the backroads.

Direct Route
Fun/Scenic Route:
The West Bros. shop is worth making time for. Super cool guy too.

There is another Volvo group planning to be in the area, so maybe some of y'all will want to hook up with them.

If there's interest after we get done in Hayesville, I may take interested parties to check out a couple waterfalls not far from Franklin. We'll play that by ear.

Sunday: We'll probably start off with a drive on the Cherohala Skyway and loop back around through East Tennesee. Again, depending on interest, we could drive a little more and check out Cade's Cove. Otherwise, we'll probably do a couple runs on the Dragon and just head back towards the campground.

Cades-Cove-Bike-Ride.jpg

0901211642341cades_cove-09w-207-w.jpg

Sunday Night: Camping, shens, and camping shens.

Monday: Pack it up, move it out.

Cheoah Point. Stayed there once before and didn't spend enough time there during daylight to really get a feel for it. Nice enough place though.

Last edited:
I say Rattler Ford. One of my best friends lives in Ashville so I will probably stay there on the 4th and meet up with everyone on the 5th. I'm going to bring an extra diff and axles so I hope someone has a place for me to swap them if I need to.

Sweet. I really hope to have a good turnout. The tail of the dragon is one of the things to do on my bucket list and I can't wait

depending on what my car status is at the time, I might could make time for this. either get the comfy slow 244 ready, or make the quick, loud, 242 quicker and louder :lol:

Ooohhhh..... Sounds a rockin' idea this. I'm not sure if I'm going to be in Canada at this time, but if not I'm game.

Sounds good y'all. Looking forward to it. Looks like we can call it for Rattler Ford then. I'll make reservations as early as I can.

Pretty typical for an NC meet. I know of 3 other people who are planning on coming who just haven't posted in the thread. Worry not.

If my 3000GT group isn't there that weekend, I'm in. But if they are... well you guys can come hang out with us too. ;) There are plenty of dragon-oriented shenanigans. We've been going for like 10 years.

Back