• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Daughter's new ride

Chris_R

Kickin' rocks in sandals
My daughter bought her first car on Friday.

92 940GL sedan, black over grey. Repo'd car, we picked it up for $400 bucks.

It's filthy but should polish up nicely.
d477ea5d.jpg

0e2b60a0.jpg

Already replaced the tails with 960 (R/C/R) tails and bought these:
3n73k63p75P15Rd5S9a2fe34b65a65e6d1552.jpg

15x7 ET12.

Leaks tranny fluid, but starts, runs, stops.

It looks perfect for a first car. It's going to get some abuse. I have two pretty good headlights for that car if you're interested.
Posted via Mobile Device

G@tti: Yeah, no. ;-)

Tom: I did, she wanted a sedan. She bought herself a sedan. It's NA so my insurance should like it better too.

Clay - thanks but these are ok, unless you have the driver's side front corner light?

Last edited:
Nice ride for the price. If you need a front corner lens, I can hook you up with one, $10 obo.

G@tti - I have a feeling most of the stuff you want from the silver car has already been pulled. Still has ecodes, a very nice black interior with nearly uncracked dash, and an aluminum hood though.

Adam - I'll take it. in fact I'll take the pair if you still have them and they're in good shape.
My wagon needs both, daughter's car just needs the one - how many do you have?

A few more 'before' shots.

Incarcerated:
940before3.jpg

Believe it or not...
940before1.jpg

940before2.jpg

... there's a 940 under that pile of trash.

Super bonus points: There was still pizza in the box!
Must have been leftover from St Patty's Day - the pepperoni was green. :barf:

Who the hell owed money on that? You wanna give up two hubcaps? I need them. No money left though, spent on T5 swap goodies.

Who the hell owed money on that? You wanna give up two hubcaps? I need them. No money left though, spent on T5 swap goodies.

Sad, right?

Even more sad is that they had paid on it for 2 years and it still wasn't paid off!

The hubcaps are could use a respray - I'd trade the whole set - steelies and tires too - for some decent 15" tires.
Love to see some 225/50 15s, but I'm not too choosy. You guys got anything?

Replaced the tranny pan gasket today - well, replaced is a strong word, more like installed a tranny gasket. Doesn't leak a drop now.

I think I also figured out why the top of the trans and back of the motor are covered in oil - no dipstick gasket. Slapped one of those on and will drive it some more after I get some oil and a filter for it.

Obviously needs most of the suspension bushes replaced, but rides smooth and has PLENTY of power for a daily driver.

:rockon:

Back