• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Chipping FAQ

I have the 967ECU and the 369ICU, so I need a chippable ICU.
Edit: and I just realized my favorite band (In Flames) is from your city.
You lucky Swedes...

I have a chipped 2.2lh,
Now I'm not getting a nice Idle with it no matter how the base idle and amm are set.
I have swapped back to my stock unit. I get much better running and Idle.
I'm suspecting the problem is with the chipped cpu.
How is it possible to get the chipped unit to revert back to stock or do I need to revome all the added components?
If this is the culprit. I would then like to chip my stock unit, does any one have a copy of the instructions?

I bought the chipped unit compete and modified. I can solder.
Thanks Nick

Yeah i am getting the same problem with my chips in my 87 740 turbo, could there be a problem with the Australian models:e-shrug: (but i doubt it), i am going to try them in another 740 turbo next time i am in sydney:)

Are you guys going through the full procedure that LH 2.2 needs to set it's idle and tune?

Are you guys going through the full procedure that LH 2.2 needs to set it's idle and tune?

What do you mean?, if it means set base idle and adjust the mixture with the AMM and a LED, then yes sort of, i am unable to set the mixture the ecu reverts straight to defualt, i have tried using a A/F ratio guage, with some success meaning the mix is stoich, but the symtoms still occur.:roll:
Does any one have any thoughts?

The mixture LED doesnt flash it always stays on (that means it is going in to default setting) no matter how many times i turn the AMM screw, but if i plug my old stock ecu, i am able to adjust the mixture just fine.

yep
set the base idle and adjusted the amm. Can't remember if I got the led working or I used a digital multimeter.

The issues are hard cold starts, poor idle on cold start, and light throttle response is poor, also very rich at WOT.
These these are not issues on the stock unit.
I have not yet de-chipped the unit to see if it is the culprit.
From my understanding the 2.2 cpu is the same worldwide I have 2 541s ?
nick

yep
set the base idle and adjusted the amm. Can't remember if I got the led working or I used a digital multimeter.

The issues are hard cold starts, poor idle on cold start, and light throttle response is poor, also very rich at WOT.
These these are not issues on the stock unit.
I have not yet de-chipped the unit to see if it is the culprit.
From my understanding the 2.2 cpu is the same worldwide I have 2 541s ?
nick
Where did you get your chip from? Did you buy it from me or from someone else on the board?

It seems like only the Aussies have a problem with this.

Or do the Aussies have problems with setting the mixture right for some reason?

I have added/updated the LH2.2 ECU modification instructions.

Can someone please give me some feedback on that?

I am so use to electronics like circuit boards, soldering, programming etc. that it is possible that it might not be 100% understandable for the novices.

Great write-up but only one thing, think it's just a typing error. Are the numbering correct here?
* Position B705 is a bridge between two solder islands. Remove that bridge.

* Position B702 should be open. Put a bridge between the two solder islands.

* Position B702 should be open. Put a bridge between the two solder islands.

* Position B1 should be open. Put a bridge between the two solder islands.

And the resistors and capacitors...

at the risk of sounding noobish, is there any way to get this stuff done on a 3.1 unit? i mean, no one has tried to crack it at all and it boggles my mind why it hasnt been.

at the risk of sounding noobish, is there any way to get this stuff done on a 3.1 unit? i mean, no one has tried to crack it at all and it boggles my mind why it hasnt been.
First of all, it is NA. And second of all, they are very few compared to LH2.4 cars.

We could to NA chips for LH3.1 as well, but since we would sell so few it would not be worth it (unless you feel like paying close to 1000 USD for it).

First of all, it is NA. And second of all, they are very few compared to LH2.4 cars.

We could to NA chips for LH3.1 as well, but since we would sell so few it would not be worth it (unless you feel like paying close to 1000 USD for it).

no, no i wouldnt want to pay the extra money, hence the question. sad though, being such a refined system. well then, better get on with a 2.4 conversion :D

i have the b 230fd engine ... how much power will i get whit one of your chips and how expensive it will be plus shipping ,considering i am in europe.

thank you

i have the b 230fd engine ... how much power will i get whit one of your chips and how expensive it will be plus shipping ,considering i am in europe.

thank you
I get this question a lot. Read the sales thread please.

This time I will tell you what you will get and what it costs, but the next time anyone asks I will not be kind like this.

Taken from the sales thread:

EZK + LH2.4 chip package, for NA B230F/FB/FD/FX. - NEW PRODUCT! -
Price: $285

Price:

The shipping charges are included in the price.

Customers in the European Union (EU):
VAT (25% tax) is added to the price for residents in the EU.
To buy the chips excl. VAT you need to supply your valid VAT-number or get someone outside the EU to buy the goods for you.
Legal documentation/description here: Swedish tax agency SKV 552b, 8th edition

That means that the chip package will cost you 245 Euro. That includes shipping.

The performance gain for the B230 NA engines is not added to the first post in this thread, so I will cut you some slack there.

The B230F will gain around 10-15HP. The driveability will go up a fair bit and it will feel healthier. With other modifications you will gain some more power.

Read the entire FAQ thread and the sales thread for some more info. Also look at this thread: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=143753

Back