• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Boosted on a budget

True.
I guess im just so excited to get this far and do everything right to find out something is wrong.

I need to figure out wether the in tank pump is providing. I just heard it may not be good to have the Kjet intank pump. I will test first then maybe install the stock pump and see.
I have another rail that has a pressure valve on it if I can dig it out and find it, ill swap it this weekend.

I made a toggle switch to plug in place of the fuel pump relay years ago to turn on the pumps the got to the tank to verify they are working. On that white wagon I gave to my brother kid, I had a problem with the pickup. Pump good when I tested it before installing it. Then it was hard to tell if it was running. I found it by undoing the hose going to the pump under the car the flipping the switch. No gas under the car. Took the pick up back out and tested it and that was my issue. Now I test the pickup before installing one.

REEEEEEPORT
Dead intank fuel pump. Does not perform when 12v applied.

Guess I needs a new one. I am thinking just stock for my measly 300hp goal. But Aeromotive offers that nice 255lph pump too.
What all do I have to do to install the high lph intank pump as far as new lines, new wiring, relays (which type of relay) etc?

Thanks guys.

Thank you for verifying I'm not crazy lol. As soon as you mentioned that it runs better above a certain level in the tank, that's the first thought, first thing to check.

But even with the gas above the pump level it still ran like crap so there are other problems still. We shall see though.

Just an FYI, Walbro pumps DO NOT LIKE LOW VOLTAGE, if they are run at less than 13 volts frequently (lots of cold morning priming/running before the alt picks up), they start having issues.

Update. New intank pump in. I will test drive tomorrow and fill in my observations. No more whinning main pump.

Ill leave this here to provide some type of update, its coming back together but slowly.

front.jpg

I have a plan. I won't say since I know what the reaction will be. You will just have to wait and see. And it's not the bay color.

Back