• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Did I pay too much?

245gti

Adapting Stuff
I got a set of 16X8 TSW Blade wheels. 5X108 with RWD offset and new Hankook Icebear 225/50/16 tires. Paid $800. What do you think?

740Turbo001.jpg

Are they 5x108? I got a set of TSW's a couple years ago in 5x114.3 that looked just like that but they were 17x7.5 for $100. One of them had a good dent in the lip though. I don't know what the tires are worth. Sounds like snow tires, and Hankook is kind of a newer brand(to me). If they're 108 and in good shape and the tires are fairly new I'd say it's an OK price. Not a steal, but you didn't get ripped off.

Yeah you did. I'll tell you what so you dont have to feel like a goon I will give you the same $800.00 for it and I will come get it.

hahaha damnit! you were in town! that's a nice car eh?

sat out at 4-star on and off for like a year. looked pretty snazzy.

hahaha damnit! you were in town! that's a nice car eh?

Gonna need some work to make it right. The tranny is a little suspect but I'll likely swap in an M46 or M47 anyway. The engine has a bit of a knock. Hard to tell if it's piston or bearing. Can't hear it from inside the car so it's not terrible. It all works for now except for the leaky tailshaft bushing which will likely get done sooner than later.

Those aren't 8" wide. Are they?

Might be 7". Didn't actually look...

Yah.

Lower it a bit

I have a receipt for Intrax lowering springs and Tokiko sport shocks. I suspect the Tokikos are still on it and the lowering springs are still on the front. The rear springs are stock as the cusrrent owner said they couldn't load anything in the trunk without it bottoming out. I suspect it will stay this way. I rather like the rake...

So you ripped off some grandpa??

Nope...she was anything but...:cool:

Back