• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

"The white" Volvo 945 turbo -98

There are a lot of crappy windshield installers. I don't believe you can source the clips anymore. I got lucky on a real warm day and was able to extract all the clips from a car in the junkyard. If you are careful and the clips aren't brittle, you can extract clips without too much trouble. When you take your car to have a new windshield installed, explain to the installer that the clips need to be installed first and that they just can't glob whatever adhesive that they use. The adhesive must be applied uniformly so the trim pieces can slide on to the clips without being obstructed. I will be doing this soon.

The clips still can be bought at Volvo here in Sweden. However i get the frames of without damage the old clips.

Washed and painted the AC Condensor today. Painted the loggo of one of my sponsors in silver on the condensor.

You have one the THE nicest 945Ts on this forum.... don't stop the thread! We appreciate your documentation and workmanship.

I'm preparing for the pair of "windscreens" and need to find the clips required. As others have said, I'm certain the typical USA installer will just "goop" the adhesive and throw the shield into position. Your pics appear to show a GERMANY windshield, whereas the stock here is likely all Chinese. I'm looking forward to clear glass again..... when I drive my 92 sedan and wagon, I can see when the sun shines directly into the glass.

You have one the THE nicest 945Ts on this forum.... don't stop the thread! We appreciate your documentation and workmanship.

I'm preparing for the pair of "windscreens" and need to find the clips required. As others have said, I'm certain the typical USA installer will just "goop" the adhesive and throw the shield into position. Your pics appear to show a GERMANY windshield, whereas the stock here is likely all Chinese. I'm looking forward to clear glass again..... when I drive my 92 sedan and wagon, I can see when the sun shines directly into the glass.

Thank you for the nice words, really glad to hear! :)

I thought no one followed, but i no now that I was wrong.

Yeah, I'm following along. Love your attention to detail. As we commonly say in the states, "real recognizes real".

Made som test how the AC is working. It is more than okey for a 20 year old AC that never have been refilled.

Back