• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

EV1 vs EV6 on 8v head - any reason to stick to narrow-angle-spray EV1 injectors?

towerymt

the real Towery
I've just sent off two sets of injectors to be cleaned...one set of EV1 orange injectors from an 850 Turbo and one set of EV6 blue injectors from a later 70 series turbo.

I'm curious about thoughts, experience, and hopefully even documentation as to which spray pattern is preferred by the 'ol 8v head as seen on a B230F (+T).

EV1 appear to have a much narrower pattern than the EV6. Is the pattern of the EV6 meant for an oval shaped intake port? Does the EV1 spray pattern hitting the intake valve atomize just as well as the EV6?

Most of what I find when searching for injector information is about the difference in connectors, body width, flow rate, resistance, etc. I haven't come across anything definitive about spray pattern vs. port shape.

I just remember someone posting that the “puddle” injectors were actually better for our engines than the “misting” injectors. When I get back to my laptop I’ll dig it out.

Been experimenting with Bosch 0 280 155 811 injectors from a supercharged Buick 3800 (363.1 cc/min-34.55 lbs/hr) on my 1988 765 Turbo with LH 2.2. So far they are working better at 2.7 Bar fuel pressure. They must be atomizing well enough because the exhaust is burning cleaner.

Here’s the thread......it was the video on page 3 that I remembered. Lots of pissing and moaning in the thread then talk of port soak.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=326991&highlight=Fuel+injection

Basically pintle may be “better” for our 8v engines. All that said I just installed White injectors and a 3.8 bar FPR to go with my 19t until I get a wideband. I’m all driving like Ms Daisy scared I’m gonna go lean and pop my engine. :)

Last edited:
Thanks. This is what I was looking for (from the thread linked above):
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?p=5502208#post5502208

(Also worth noting, I'm referring to narrow-angle-spray injectors as EV1 and wide-angle-spray injectors as EV6 even though that's probably not accurate all the time.)

Think I think I'll stick with the orange 850 turbo injectors after all. Anyone want five blue 0 280 155 830 injectors? ;-)

Back