• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

my car got hit by a mailtruck

yesac

A few weeks ago i was backing out of a parking spot at my work and the goofus mailman that delivers our mail comes flying around a corner and smacks my volvo in the ass. Not only was he hauling balls, but he was driving on the wrong side of the street. Luckily I had my camera handy. My insurance guy says just from looking at the photos i took and the fact i was the one backing out that i'm at least 75% at fault! I guess that's what i get for assuming people will drive on the right side of the road. Anyways, it just really sucks. The estimate i got on getting the damage fixed was $5300 since the the impact destroyed my left rear fender, warped the trunk's floor pan, somehow made a buldge by the roof, and even put bends in the right rear fender + restoring the $2500 paint job. Now i'm probably going to endup selling the car or parting it out. It drives just the same as before, its just uglier, and everything is cherry from the back of the rear doors foward.

On the brighter side, this gives me the perfect oppourtunity to finally get a turbo. Maybe a two door. Yeah.

Here's the pic of how we ended up:
http://www.geocities.com/xperimnt/accident.htm

The idiot swerved after he hit me. You can see my bumper hooked onto his fender, which dragged me back a ways. I was backing straight out of the spot and the impact happened when the backend of my car was about 4 feet out of the spot. Grrrrr.

What a moron dude...that post man had a clear view of you so he had to have seen you backing out. Some people just don't belong behind the wheels of any vehical, no matter how small. Good luck to you though!

I got rear-ended by a mail truck when I was driving my old Nissan. I was stopped just over the crest of a hill, it was wet, he was going too fast. All I heard was the sound of his tires sliding on the asphalt and then the unmistakable sound of two cars hitting each other. Called his manager to come out and document all of it, about a month later they sent me a check for all the damage. Royal PITA (literally), never did get the trunk to seal correctly.

Yeah, I bought my Turbo with the insurance check after getting my wagon totalled, not a bad way to do it.

Back