• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

AEM UEGO Wideband

Tfrasca

As much as I loathe the thought of more gauges in my 140 (B23et + LH2.4), I need a wide band AFR reading. My last fuel mileage calculation put me at 15 mpg, without too much boosting. I don't know why it's so dismal, so I need some numbers.

I've read several threads on this, but I just want to confirm that the AEM is still the way to go. I won't try to get LH to run off the emulator - I'll just weld in a new bung for the wide band and keep the stock O2 sensor. Does this sound like the right thing to do?

The one I'm thinking about is this:

https://www.amazon.com/AEM-30-4110-UEGO-Ratio-Gauge/dp/B00N3VGPYS/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Do it. That looks to be a pretty good price for a 4.9 sensor, controller/gauge and bung.

I know a lot of people that swear by AEM for a wideband, I have had good luck with the innovate stuff but a lot of others have not. I haven't heard of anyone who has had a bad time with AEM.

Yeah that's what I have and how I installed it. Kept the regular o2 for LH, AEM for monitoring. Worked right the first time. Innovate seems to be really sensitive and hit and miss. They might be better in a laboratory environment but get finicky in old cars with not perfect ground spots.

That amazon link is just the gauge? It's missing the actual o2 sensor and the controller it looks like.

Yeah it should be everything. The AEM doesn't use that separate controller that the Innovate LC-1 does.

Mine included a gauge, two harnesses, and an o2 sensor. Maybe there was a bung in there too :e-shrug:

Yeah it says it includes a bung, but I'll probably want to put it in the DP, which is stainless so I'll buy a new bung for that anyway.

How far from the turbo have you guys mounted yours?

Yeah it says it includes a bung, but I'll probably want to put it in the DP, which is stainless so I'll buy a new bung for that anyway.

How far from the turbo have you guys mounted yours?

It tells you in the manual, but at least 36" down stream with turbo. I put mine about where the factory test port(?) Is on a stock turbo down pipe.

Last edited:
That's so cheap! Maybe I've been out of it a while but I remember those damn things being like $300.

I bought one 9 year ago for around the same price, where have you been?
I remember them being around $200 when I bought one....YEARS ago. :e-shrug:

I never had any issues with my AEM. I retired the beige-case Innovate LM-1 to the 24hr lemons car where it worked reliably until ~2014 when we semi-retired the car.

Another related question. Is there a good reason not to hook up this wide band gauge with an on/off toggle switch? I know it's going to bug me at night.

Another related question. Is there a good reason not to hook up this wide band gauge with an on/off toggle switch? I know it's going to bug me at night.

yeah, modern gauges are a bit of a pain in a classic interior at night. I ended up making my WB 'hideable'. It's a rectangular display so I built it into the ash tray, then chopped the ash tray cover off so it could go over the gauge face and stay in place with magnets. Maybe another way to manually disappear the entire gauge... dummy blank out panel?

And people always derided SAAB for the 'Night Panel' function, in fact I've seen it included in lists of most asinine car features. I drove my first car (900 turbo) with no interior lights for months and months, and I use the Night Panel on my modern SAABs ALL THE TIME! I don't think I've ever had gauge lights not set on max-dim.

Back