• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 6.0: September 9-13, 2020

Heh, the unvented front discs and single circuit brakes on the PV were making me a little nervous a couple of years ago. The original drums would have been toast in no time.

Been thinking about MountainMeet in light of current events, and barring an alien invasion in July, the meet will go ahead as planned.

COVID cases are still escalating in some areas, NC included, but that seems to be because of increased testing. The data for most states shows the percent-positive of tests trending down significantly: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states/usa

Of course, I expect y'all to be smart. If you're sick, have had close contact with a positive case, are exhibiting symptoms, or are waiting for the results of a COVID test to come back, do us all a favor and stay home.

So all that said, I'm gonna start working up a menu and a sticker design here in the next little bit, and I'll start collecting money too.

Expect the food price to go up marginally this year. Meat is just more expensive now that it has been. In past years, I've asked for $15/day per person. This year will likely be $20.

This is as good of a place to reiterate the new rule for this year: If ya don't pay, ya don't eat.

Oh, man. Mountain Meet has become the only thing that has helped me make it through the Summer in recent years.

Yeah I'm really bummed about it. I can try to set up some sort of 2-3 night campout if y'all want. Won't be quite as excellent as the lodge, but better than nothing.

Not always, but that period of September is generally conducive to camping weather-wise.

we weren't going to tell you, but the core group got together and decided that since we all knew you'd bitch out for SOME REASON, we'd beat you to the official punch and just cancel the whole dadgum thing

we weren't going to tell you, but the core group got together and decided that since we all knew you'd bitch out for SOME REASON, we'd beat you to the official punch and just cancel the whole dadgum thing

Sounds like some illuminati ****, but ok.

I mean I wasn't going to vote that way, but the table lobbyists :ahem: made it worth my while to protect their interests.

Sorry to hear the event is scrubbed for 2020. Here are a couple memory shots from the inaugural event in 2015, Labor Day weekend:

Don't be sad..... start planning the next one!

Back