• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Remote Oil Filter Help

R32RennSport

Outlaw Amazonian
Does anyone have an idea where I can find a good quality filter relocation kit for my B20. I'd like to move the filter away from my header while at the same time making the filter more accessible.Any help would be appreciated.

That looks great, just what I need and nothing I don't. At that price I could afford some 90 degree fittings and nicer lines as well.

Last edited:
This kit has everything I needed for a b230FT. Not as nice looking as that other thread, but it gets the job done for cheap. With this kit I was able to use the remaining Volvo filters I had as well as use bigger Ford filters as they use the same thread.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g4985-1/overview/

Hose is long enough to put the filter almost anywhere.

That's probably the kit I used years ago originally when I put my filter behind the front bumper. I don't remember if 8 feet was enough hose, but that will be close if you want to mount the filter in the same place.
Dave B

I found a decent generic relocation kit through NAPA. It did need a little clean up around the threads but I like the orientation of the outlet/inlet ports. It did not come with hose, but I will most likely upgrade the fittings and hose as suggested. Since I'm relocating the battery to the rear of the car I think I will use the battery tray compartment to house the filter as it will be the most accessible and safe area available to me, also the shortest distance for house routing.

Back