• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 turned into tire burning machine. Modular 4.6l Cobra engine swap. Pics inside!

What differential is going in there when the other Volvo one breaks?? My brother and I will be doing a v8 swap in his former turbo'ed 242, and want as much info as I can gather.

Wow! If that fits in a 240, then maybe my idea of a Ford 390 FE engine in a Volvo 240 is not as far fetched as I thought. hhmm, i have fully rebuilt Ford 390 & a C-6 Auto trans, and a 1980 242. Hmm, big block 390 Ford powered 242.

You gonna need a Ford 9" diff for + fun & + win. Volvo diff is a "Goner" at first burnout.

its not the diffs fault really.. you cant sit there and do brake stands with an open diff and expect it to last. or be flooring it off the line with one wheel going 100 and one going 20. weld it or put a g80 in for now.

Wow! If that fits in a 240, then maybe my idea of a Ford 390 FE engine in a Volvo 240 is not as far fetched as I thought. hhmm, i have fully rebuilt Ford 390 & a C-6 Auto trans, and a 1980 242. Hmm, big block 390 Ford powered 242.

cue pic of bbf next to modular 4.6...the cliff notes are that the modular engine is waaay bigger.

loving this swap!!!

Back