• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Removing the turbo charger from a turbocharged 740

I made my 66 hp car faster, you're doing the opposite.

<iframe width="600" height="420" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RYonSOkZ5ZE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NJ drivers appear to confuse the passing lane with the I have a 70K sports car and can drive as slow as #uck and let every one go around me lane.
Other than that most of the state is rural and beautiful.
Well other than that part near the Newark airport that smells like farts....
But I'm from NY and we all drive like ass#oles:)

He couldn't make it to the hospital in time after removing the turbo.

scaledown

Not to be a noob ass. But I just want to point out my fully legitimate thread about how to properly build a turbo motor was answered and closed. I'm by no means complaining, in fact I'm going to subscribe to this thread for entertainment value, but how is this thread still open?

Not to be a noob ass. But I just want to point out my fully legitimate thread about how to properly build a turbo motor was answered and closed. I'm by no means complaining, in fact I'm going to subscribe to this thread for entertainment value, but how is this thread still open?

I honnestly don't understand and I think your thread was legit and I don't think I deserved to be closed, who knows.

Anyway, you should give John a call, his number is in his signature.

It hasn't become a pissing match ...

Yet.

:x:

I honnestly don't understand and I think your thread was legit and I don't think I deserved to be closed, who knows.

Anyway, you should give John a call, his number is in his signature.

Oh I plan to. Picking up the new motor this weekend, trying to get it torn down before the end of february so I can figure out whats what. Thanks for the advice! I can promise you I won't build this motor and then post here asking how to remove the turbo for scientific purposes.

Oh I plan to. Picking up the new motor this weekend, trying to get it torn down before the end of february so I can figure out whats what. Thanks for the advice! I can promise you I won't build this motor and then post here asking how to remove the turbo for scientific purposes.

:rofl:
Have fun and keep let us know whats what.

Hopefully it's indeed from an 83-84 not an 87 240?

Hopefully it's indeed from an 83-84 not an 87 240?

No, Ken. Can't you read? The skinny rod motor is sought after. Those M rod engines are absolute junk and are FAR too heavy of a rotating assembly to be any good. If you're not shooting for 350whp+, the *only* engine you should consider is an 87-89. Preferably 85-87.

:roll:

Yes the shore area of NJ has some very nice areas. The show Jersey Shore is what i was referring to though. That picture made me think of the show and all it's silliness.

I recently saw a 740 wagon that had the turbo header from Asia on it. It was installed the way they are made with the flange backward. This made the T3 flange go down low in the rear of the engine compartment. That way it was a down pipe to the front part of the exhaust. The car was rolling around with an n/a engine. This was temporary till a swap is done.

No, Ken. Can't you read? The skinny rod motor is sought after. Those M rod engines are absolute junk and are FAR too heavy of a rotating assembly to be any good. If you're not shooting for 350whp+, the *only* engine you should consider is an 87-89. Preferably 85-87.

Do NOT forget to increase the rod bolt size from 3/8 to 7/16 because they will completely explode with that kind of power.

Lousy job as usual trolling, punk.

If you are going to try to troll make an effort to not troll things somebody never said..

Only little whiny bitches worry about rotating weight because they listen to other whiny bitches because no adult wants to waste time talking to them..because they're whiny bitches.

What Volvo themselves realised was there's no justifiable reason for such excess reciprocating weight----only about 15 years after everybody else.
Hence their move to longer rods and shorter, lighter pistons with 39.7mm compression height...
So they got out of the 50s about 15 years after everybody else had gone to pistons with about 39.5 to 41mm comp height.....about when everybody else was moving to around 35mm comp hgt.

Try to troll better, punk.

Or better yet just shut up and quit failing so badly at everything you do, including trolling.

Last edited:
Back