• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cordless Impacts.

I have the 1/4" Dewalt with adapters for 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" drive sockets. Works great! And its small so you can get in to wheel wells and engine bays with it. Almost always does the job!
The bigger ones are nice and have more torque, but a lot of times you can't get them in position to use them.
I know dewalt is making the 3/8" and 1/2" in a more compact size now (lower pic of the two posted by "Wren"), but I believe its more expensive then the larger style.
Regardless of which one you get, pick the compact style. You won't regret it.

I've got the Bosch one the OP showed. Love it, the small size makes it easy to fit into cramped areas. Make sure to store indoors as letting it sit in a cold garage during the winter will shorten the lifespan of the batteries.

Yeah, they make the lower one in my photo in 1/4" (that uses the screwgun-type bits for screws, etc.), 3/8" and 1/2".
I've had nothing but good luck with DeWalt 18V cordless stuff. I own sawsalls, circular saw, flashlights, drills, impact drivers and more and they are all good tools.

Blasphemy or not, and I know an entire industry uses impacts to break stuff free, but I prefer to break stuff free by hand, and zip them off with this:

Makita-LXDT06-Brushless-Impact-Driver.jpg

Out in JY's, sure, hammer away, but just for pulling bolts and stuff off fenders, or lots of fasteners in a row, this is hard to beat. It'll break loose most anything that would require 1/4 or 3/8ths, but won't shear off bolts if it won't come loose. I'm a puss.

I think I'll grab that Bosch. It's cute, and I think it's time to buy impact sockets, anyways...

Though, I've done struts on an S60, and never once picked up a ratchet until I went to torque it all back to spec. It's a good little tool.

Last edited:
Did it not insert? Shows up fine on my computer...

It's just the 18V Makita impact "driver." Usually used for driving screws. I just use an 1/4th or 3/8s adapter. I'd prefer that type of stuff to break, rather than the bolts I'm trying to get out.

I have a corded dewalt 1/2 inch & a cordless dewalt. Both work fine.

In the JY, I'll bring my 1000W Honda generator, my little harbor freight compressor and my 1/2" NAPA impact. The generator runs the impact for about 10 seconds pretty well. This also runs my IR hammer really well.

I have a corded dewalt 1/2 inch & a cordless dewalt. Both work fine.

In the JY, I'll bring my 1000W Honda generator, my little harbor freight compressor and my 1/2" NAPA impact. The generator runs the impact for about 10 seconds pretty well. This also runs my IR hammer really well.

I can't imagine hauling all that stuff out to the junkyard. Will they let you drive up to the cars or something?

I can't imagine hauling all that stuff out to the junkyard. Will they let you drive up to the cars or something?

I have a fold out wagon from Costco. Everything fits neatly into that with room to spare for parts. Works awesome.
folding-utility-wagon.jpg

Back