• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

FINALLY! Got a 244.

HLG Jammer

Just picked up a 1982 244 today. Just under 205k on the odometer. Working on getting it fully running right now. Tries to crank and start, but no go.

Had a bath and cleaned up the inside. Gonna change the fuel filter and hope that's a start.

Last edited:
I can hear the fuel pump kicking in and it gets fuel to the filter, but have checked after the fuel filter yet. Nut's kinda a bitch too get off. My girlfriend thinks it may be a compression issue based on how it was running when the guy had it (he's a customer of mine at O'Reilly's). Definitely could be the crank sensor though.

Score!

Congratulations (I think).

Now spend lots of time on here and shopping ebay, IPD, RockAuto and the local yards to keep your wallet sufficiently low on money!

It's not a bad way of life ( :help: )

First thing to check is whether it has a spark, then figure out if it's getting fuel. Is '82 K-jet or the early form of LH Jetronic? I know the turbos were K-Jet as was the '81 I had but I don't recall when the NA cars transitioned.

It's a DL, N/A 2.1. Apparently it died on the guy while he was driving down the road, so I'm thinking it's a fuel issue. Haven't had a lot of time to diagnose / work on it yet.
Eventually I'm probably going to swap in the B230.

The relay is on the right...

IMG_8195-M.jpg

Don't think the timing is broken, maybe a few missing teeth but it does turn over and try to run, just dies out right away. I'll try to take a video of it and post if I can

Soo... Turns out the dude put a piece of copper in the fuse block, fried most of the wiring. Don't have the place or knowledge to tackle all the wiring, so I had to get rid of it :(

Back