Old 01-29-2018, 08:14 PM   #29
keesue
San Francisco Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC4CARL View Post
Superpro!

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=314692

Gary is THE MAN.

If I understand prevailing wisdom, we put poly on the front control arms and the rear torque arms only. (And sways.)

Good luck.
Rgr that, thanks. I've heard horror stories of the control arm bushing squeaking like hell. Yes, no? And, I've heard a bit of both on the trailing arm bushings.

I used Lemforders on the control arms and the trailing arms because of this issue to play it safe; but, I've also heard the handling is way better with both and there is no noise issue.

I'm on the fence. I would hate to have squeaks but then I have just developed one in the rear. I have poly on the torque rods and the panhard rod. Made a huge difference in how the rear reacts.

I'm going to disassemble the suspension in the Spring to grease everything up so that's why I'm gathering experiences with the polys so I can make a decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood Chair View Post
Even a crappy old volvo....
'81 Black 242 GLT Turbo bought new, now with over 365K. Installed Factory Intercooler . K-Jet and a/c working righteous. Bilstein HDs; IPD springs, 25/25 sway bars and bottom X-brace; CravingBoost adjustable tower brace with Yoshifab top and bottom chasis braces; Crandandall adjustable poly torque rods and panhard bar; Fred Goeske 25mm rear wheel spacers; Redwood Chair window scrapers; Kenwood/ARC sound system.
keesue is offline   Reply With Quote