• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

LOL ofcourse it is. I can't mill aluminum on my CNC but I sure as hell can make mockups in wood till my hearts content ;)

What kinda CNC is it? I figure with the right spindle and feed settings and a proper aluminum end mill you should be able to right? I guess I have never seen a wood only CNC, mostly bridgeport mills converted to CNC's.

Have you decided what guitar your going to build and paint to match yet?

I have some idea's brewing. :oogle::oogle::oogle:

What kinda CNC is it? I figure with the right spindle and feed settings and a proper aluminum end mill you should be able to right? I guess I have never seen a wood only CNC, mostly bridgeport mills converted to CNC's.

SCM Tech99L.

You're absolutely right, I *could* do it but I'd rather not. It's to much hassle to go back and forth and I just honestly don't want to deal with. Plus, I only need the one, I'm happy to pass these drawings off to Roger to let him run with it from there.

Gotcha.

I will caution you against that minty color, it's too sexy. If you paint the volvo the same color of the fiat, I will most certainly steal it as soon as it runs.

Gotcha.

I will caution you against that minty color, it's too sexy. If you paint the volvo the same color of the fiat, I will most certainly steal it as soon as it runs.

:oogle::oogle::oogle::oogle: It's happening. There's one in my neighborhood in that color and every time I see it I get this face :oogle:

Hmm, Lando has a point here...if Max ever gets to driving it, you will never see him, nor the end of the womenzzz lining up to go out with him. lol

LOL he'll still be in a Volvo. Plus we probably won't even have gas by the time he's driving :rofl::rofl:

(side note- He's a Kauer. He'll need the car to help pull in the ladies, how do you think I met Theresa!)

:oogle::oogle::oogle::oogle: It's happening. There's one in my neighborhood in that color and every time I see it I get this face :oogle:

It is a beautiful color. It's good to see non metallic gloss colors coming back. They so much sex than metallic or pearl.

It is a beautiful color. It's good to see non metallic gloss colors coming back. They so much sex than metallic or pearl.

I agree! I do a lot of solid's with guitars and I always tend to enjoy them.

Plus, I've been spraying 2k urethanes for the last 5 years now BUT I've never really done much in the way of body work. I figure the green will be slightly more forgiving.

I need to get the T5 down from above the office and pull the pan but for now did some initial mocking up of the new mounts.

154990121.jpg

154990122.jpg

That mount was a bit to tight to the steering rack, about 10 minutes of light work with the belt sander gave it the clearance it needed. (only really needed about an arc with a 4mm at the widest point removed- basically just a bit more radius in that spot).
154990123.jpg

Honestly, that's probably about it for updates for a week or so. It's raining pretty good this week so they won't be able to finish blasting (what they didn't do before) on the car till next week. Ugh.

In for the updates. Excellent colour choice. All very exciting!

As a side-note, I will see if I can swing getting onto the team for Prolight & Sound in Frankfurt (i.e. which runs parallel to Musikmesse) next year. Never occurred to me you'd be there.

cheers

James

In for the updates. Excellent colour choice. All very exciting!

As a side-note, I will see if I can swing getting onto the team for Prolight & Sound in Frankfurt (i.e. which runs parallel to Musikmesse) next year. Never occurred to me you'd be there.

cheers

James

James that'd be AMAZING! I'll keep you in the loop about it!

I'm still alive (just short on time!), and still working on bricks. I've spent the last year or two gradually finishing the 343, prior to starting on other projects (164, 360 TI, 740 TI, etc!).

It's good to be back. I should probably post a project update!

cheers

James

Not a bad day today. Scored me this:
155051146.jpg

155051149.jpg

In supposedly good working condition for 200 bucks. Hell, for 200 I couldnt' care less how well it worked. I can rebuild the entire thing even with a 2.95 gearset and in be less than 1k. What a steal! Was a -169 tag so was from a late 80's 5.0. Woot!

I should probably double check mine once I wrap it up but I'm happy to do it. It would be really easy to mill, you can do all the steps from the bellhousing side (just remember to tap the T5 side from the other side of the plate). I drilled all the holes, milled the step then cut it to shape all at the same time on my (wood only sadly) CNC.

I got a phone call from FedEx to pick up a package...wonder what is inside? :)
Got my helper to get it out to the truck, didn't expect it to be that big!

Attachments

• IMG_2711.jpg
    IMG_2711.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 728
I still can't get over how clean my 200 dollar t5 is!

155124129.jpg

155124130.jpg

155124131.jpg

The case on this has absolutely been cracked open and atleast resealed at some point in the last couple years. I'm rebuilding it regardless with Astro's 2.95 gearset but still a good sign.

Had fun at Mark's BBQ last night, kind of nice to get some Volvo motivation again :D

Back