• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

White 83 242 Commuter

My co-worker drove his slow-ass Chevelle project to work. We're going to set up a grudge race as soon as he's ready.

Tiny update. I put a new rear sport muffler on the car, to replace the old rotten one that fell off on a road trip a few months back.

No power tools at my place, so I had to get down with a hacksaw under the car.

It sounds so much quieter, I love it!

Other than that, I've just been driving it over the hill to work every day, and taking advantage of all the windy mountain roads whenever I have a little extra time. I've even been taking it up to San Francisco every couple of weeks for work events. This thing is a champ.

Parking cones reduce door dings?

:lol:

Sweet ride.

:cool:

IMG_8638.jpg

Kudos to Thomas for helping me out last weekend. In his driveway we swapped out torque rods and installed a set of IPD sways and my 16" Mille Miglia wheels. And he turned me on to the Canepa C&C the day before. Awesome dude thanks Thomas!!! Nice to meet cool folks in my new neck of the woods here in CA.

Got a chance to give this car a good eyeballing at Davis. It's nice. It's very nice.

OT: you left the show before I could strike up a proper conversation with you, Thomas. I am disappoint.

Got a chance to give this car a good eyeballing at Davis. It's nice. It's very nice.

OT: you left the show before I could strike up a proper conversation with you, Thomas. I am disappoint.

Thanks, man!!!
Yeah, we ended up leaving early, and I regret not chatting with more people. Plus, you ditched me for breakfast. I did scope out your car though, and I love it! Props for making the drive!

I have gone thru all the pages, and it's a really nice car you got here! :)
Thank you! I appreciate that.

I only got one good shot at Davis, parked right next to another white 242 on Style5s:
bObPLkFl.jpg

I installed dual coin holders from a Taurus. I would have kept the cup holder/coin tray combo, but all the cup holder sections were broken at the yard I went to. Plus, they're tiny and hard to use when installed under the overhang in a 240 dash anyway.
cA5yevpl.jpg

M8yaepjl.jpg

And then just took some general shots of the interior. Probably should have cleaned it a bit first.
yjy8GCQl.jpg

nmytvmPl.jpg

uBx2mt1l.jpg

Just read this entire thread during a slow work shift. Car looks amazing man, it's awesome to see the transformation. It's even inspired me to stop being lazy and install some stuff I have laying around the garage! If I were closer to you I'd totally buy this car from you as-is.

Just read this entire thread during a slow work shift. Car looks amazing man, it's awesome to see the transformation. It's even inspired me to stop being lazy and install some stuff I have laying around the garage! If I were closer to you I'd totally buy this car from you as-is.

Awesome, thanks!!
Yeah, there's nothing incredibly difficult or custom on this one, it's really just been about cleaning it up and replacing broken stuff. Lots of time, and some money. I'm glad it gave you a little stoke to work on your car, that's great!

tiny sort of sad update..
I pulled all the parts I want to keep off the car, in preparation for sending it off to Ebayland. I got the IPD 25/25 bars, IPD skid plate, stereo with subwoofer, LED headlights.. and I think that's about it. I left the wheels on it because I can't use them on the 75.

The 83 got a set of stock skinny sways put back on it, and I discovered that the oil pan must be leaking because it's a bit swampy under there. The speedo cable connector is also cracked, which is also contributing to the oil leak.
It's still a great driver, just not quite as stiff around corners without the sways. It's actually quite a bit more comfortable now, and still seems pretty grippy and tight, maybe due to the smaller sidewalls versus stock wheels.

I think I'll list it with a $1500 starting price and $3K reserve, and just see where it goes. I plan to wash it tomorrow on my day off and take some updated pictures for the sale ad. Bittersweet.

tiny sort of sad update..
I pulled all the parts I want to keep off the car, in preparation for sending it off to Ebayland. I got the IPD 25/25 bars, IPD skid plate, stereo with subwoofer, LED headlights.. and I think that's about it. I left the wheels on it because I can't use them on the 75.

The 83 got a set of stock skinny sways put back on it, and I discovered that the oil pan must be leaking because it's a bit swampy under there. The speedo cable connector is also cracked, which is also contributing to the oil leak.
It's still a great driver, just not quite as stiff around corners without the sways. It's actually quite a bit more comfortable now, and still seems pretty grippy and tight, maybe due to the smaller sidewalls versus stock wheels.

I think I'll list it with a $1500 starting price and $3K reserve, and just see where it goes. I plan to wash it tomorrow on my day off and take some updated pictures for the sale ad. Bittersweet.

Bittersweet for sure. I think it makes sense given the fact that you have the 75 but I really liked the look of the white car!

I helped Thomas (well kinda watched him) pull some of the parts yesterday. We took a ride in the orange beast woo hoo, and he let me drive the white coupe. It is such a nice car...handles well and ride is pretty reasonable for a lowered car with 17-in wheels. Will make a nice driver for someone!

I helped Thomas (well kinda watched him) pull some of the parts yesterday. We took a ride in the orange beast woo hoo, and he let me drive the white coupe. It is such a nice car...handles well and ride is pretty reasonable for a lowered car with 17-in wheels. Will make a nice driver for someone!

Thanks again for the help, Peter! And for the skinny stick sway bars to put on the 83. You should drive it again to compare.

I got a chance to drive peter's 90 M47 245 on lowering springs, billy HDs and big IPD sways. And I can say that fancy parts do make for a very nice ride. He's building a really nice driver, one piece at a time.

Thanks again for the help, Peter! And for the skinny stick sway bars to put on the 83. You should drive it again to compare.

I got a chance to drive peter's 90 M47 245 on lowering springs, billy HDs and big IPD sways. And I can say that fancy parts do make for a very nice ride. He's building a really nice driver, one piece at a time.

Is that a white 245? Saw a nice one on Mission yesterday and wondered who's it was.

Back