• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New harness woes

Cwazywazy

Single jingle
Put in a new LH2.2 EZK conversion harness from Dave Barton and I got it running today. Just doesn't run right. Temp gauge and speedo are broken as well. Firing on all spark plugs, dunno about injectors yet but wiggling the connectors made no difference.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_0osQZftnHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Smooths out at higher rpm but under ~2-3k it runs like that.

Sometimes the connectors in the wire end of the injector connection get pushed out of the holders, peel back the rubber thing at the wire connection and take a look. You can try disconnecting injectors to isolate your problem, the one that doesn't make any difference to it running is the culprit.

Check the injector connectors for any pins that didn't lock into their insulators.

Bingo. I guess I forgot to check the injector plugs when I installed it. Runs great now. Gauges still inop, but I'll figure those out later.

Another question, the EZK has a boost switch dealie on top of it. What's it for? Safety switch in case of overboost?

Been working out the kinks, AC is fixed now and it runs great. But I'm still working on fixing the tach. It's not connected at the 4 pin next to the ECU and I can't find where the red/white wire goes?

Tach is fixed, now the only problem is the temp gauge. I have no idea what's wrong with it, the yellow wire has a good connection with the sender. I think I can see it moving a tiny bit when the engine gets warm.

Oh yeah, yesterday it developed this feature where if you turn on the AC the fuse blows and the engine dies. Really nice when it happens in an intersection.

Temp gauge started working on its own and the AC hasn't blown a fuse since I wiggled all the under dash wiring. :)

Of course now the new issue is low-ish boost.. (About 9-10psi max.)

Problemo solved-o.

IMG_20170518_174615.jpg

Rip in the IAC hose.

My temp gauge is still inop. No idea. Wire from the sender to the firewall connector has no resistance and I even replaced the sender. It worked a couple times randomly after replacing the harness and it always worked before. I even took the old bullet connector from the old harness and crimped it in place of the new one. Nothing.

Back