• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Confused about coil wiring MS (no spark)

Chrisco

WRC addict
So I've got kenny's MS1/V3. Converting from K-Jet. I read that you can just wire the board to the negative side of the coil. Kenny's harness had no wire on pin 2. So if I understand correctly this board is set up for spark...Right? What do I need to do to have my MS do just fuel? I do intend to do spark later. Do I need to modify the board?
Also, the harness did not include ground/sensor ground wires on pins 18/19. Anyone know why?

Thx.

think you need do do some reading up of the manuals... depending on what you want to do with it, the board is assembled differently. you need to pick up an rpm signal from somewhere, if your just doing fuel at this point, then you can just connect the negative wire of the coil to megasquirt. if it was setup for anything but what your trying to do, it will not work till you pull the megasquirt box apart and make some changes.

however this means when you want to control spark in the future, you will need to pull the unit apart and modify it to be triggered off a hall sensor or VR sensor.

if you look through the assembly guide, you should be able to figure out what options are currently installed and how you need to modify it
http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/V3assemble.htm

i converted from k-jet to MS2/V3 recently. i pick up rpm from a hall sensor and use direct coil control.

if kenny's harness had no wire on pin 2, rpm was being picked up from either a hall sensor or the coil. if you are just picking up rpm signal from the coil, then the wire will go from the negative side of the coil to pin 24.

if there are no wires going to pin 18/19 then id assume he had the sensors earthing wires grounding directly to the body and not going through the megasquirt unit. no idea if this would make any real difference. as long as the readouts you get in megasquirt are steady when you get it running, dont worry about it.

:lol: oh and i dont blame you for getting confused, i spent ages tracking down all the info of how to set mine up. after you have got it figured out it will suddenly seem so simple.

Back