• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New Member Here

Jelloshark

How it going guys, my name is Robert.

I picked up a '91 240 (NA, automatic) back in October, and I've been lurking around the boards here ever since.

It's my first Volvo and I've been loving it. I'd had my eye on a 240 for a while after I crashed my '04 Forester; 240s are all over the place here in Seattle. I'd done my shopping around and then, by serendipity, we got one on a trade in at the dealership I work at and I picked it up for $1k.

It's in great condition, 115k miles, stock as the day it was sold (except the JVC receiver the previous owner installed), and has been garaged for most of the last 10 years. Aside from some baked on sap, the paint is good and I'll get around to giving it a clay bar and wax sooner or later.

Did the timing belt, spark plugs and wires that desperately needed to be done when I bought it. This weekend it's getting new control arms with poly bushings, billy touring class struts, and IPD Sport springs. And it'll get a new transmission mount, though I'm going the diesel engine mount route after some research.

You guys are an entertaining crowd, and I figured it's time to get involved.

The Burgundy Brick

WMZASbhiOpM5LTAbTpRW50j7RRMSIyVFdBV0TC7r1gziA0_wueBl7BZ3setnvKhqugs3YGcnWpubAes=w1309-h947-rw

Welcome to the family and hello from Oregon! Excited to see more of your car and your posts around here. The diesel motor mounts are worth it, running them on my car. Get actual Volvo mounts though; seem to hold up better and less prone to failing prematurely.

Thanks! Pretty excited to see quite a few active members from the northwest, hopefully we'll run into each other at some meets.

Unfortunately I had a hell of a time getting the diesel mount in place of the transmission mount, it's just that few mm thicker. if you have any tricks let me know. Glad i decided to get the stock trans mount just in case, that one bolted in easy.

Debating on starting a projects/restoration thread because I'll be doing a lot of upgrades on this car coming up. No major overhaul or anything, but is that appropriate?

Back