• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Boosted on a budget

Just LH 2.4 with chips. I'm not very/computer savvy and I don't understand how to tune so this will be all FOR NOW (laughs maniacally).

on a fixin kick today! ftfy!

lots of support on here for tuning and whatnot, so when you decide to plunge in, we got your back. linuxman51(i think) also offers e-mail tuning as well.

I'm really tempted to stay this route with mine, but with the PNP microsquirt being so cheap it's really hard not to pick it up. I'm not capable of tuning mine either, but I would assume it's just as easy for someone to make maps for microsquirt. I'll just have to make you my guinea pig before pulling the trigger.

Well you cheap and my cheap may not be the same lol. I will definitely let you know how this goes. If I shred to 300whp will that be enough for you?

on a fixin kick today! ftfy!

lots of support on here for tuning and whatnot, so when you decide to plunge in, we got your back. linuxman51(i think) also offers e-mail tuning as well.

Thank you for fixing that but I don't feel that its that easy getting people to have your back on here, so I am genuinely thanking you for making that statement.. MS was definitely on my mind since I hate extra items (MAF, CPS etc.) more crap that can fail IMO.

I guess while I wait for more updates I will include everyone in on more about my front suspension and my ghettofab methods

Started with pulling the front struts off just like everyone else.
Ended up just cutting the brake line holder and bending them to remove the lines. If I would have known I would be replacing the master cylinder, I would have just removed the lines:

DSC_2680.jpg

any who, from there I cut off that big round thing that likes to hold the bottom of the stock spring on the strut assm. I used my trust Hobo Freight angle grinder with cut off wheel:

DSC_2681.jpg

Once I carefully cut through the fat weld, I used another Hobo Freight mallet to knock off the perch.

DSC_2683.jpg

I grinded the welds down and cleaned the crud off of the tube assembly

DSC_2684.jpg

No photos here but I measured the difference in new strut vs old stock strut and cut the difference out of the tube. I used a piece of angle iron to line up the cut pieces and ran some welds around it in order to keep the threaded portion. I made sure the welds were good welds and great penetration then ground them down.

Here's one shortened next to stock:

F8B81A7F-7AA2-418B-BED9-6AFFB950B9C8.jpg

I painted the assm with high gloss laquor paint for a great finish and slide on Bens threaded sleeves with adjuster to get a good seal with the paint being wet.

DSC_2697.jpg

I hopped on a group buy and got some scotty plates. Heres a test fit:

2-1.jpg

I bought some Koni replica bushings from a company for $8 bucks a set and heres the completed strut assm with Bens top hat and some Eibach springs I got from summit. Slapped on some Scotty plates:

IMG_0049.jpg

FBDE8076-5057-482C-BBCA-718CD5C7F2C3.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

Went to a local JY and picked up some torque rods cut and welded in some adjusters from the local hardware store and plashed some paint on em. I used SuperPro bushings (not the invisible kind..):

990AD318-D86F-4558-AF57-62C1F7022AA2.jpg

Guess I needed a Panhard bar too?So I made one:
IMG_20120904_100240-1.jpg

Cut out/smoothed the area I wanted for Max negative camber muaaahhhhh!!!

IMG_0037.jpg

DSC_2771.jpg

And heres how WallE sits now:

DSC_2769.jpg

Well thats the front. I ghettofab'd some rear coilovers when I made these but im in the middle of creating some new ones using 5"dia springs. Stay tuned for those since I am posting my other BS in the thread while Boostin is on hold.

Until next time.

Hey now. Thats not all I drink. I like to look at it like this: Someone worked hard to make it (no matter how horrible it is) so I am very appreciative for it. Kind of like my car.

By the way, your pan hard bar is going to be fab'd up tonight son...i hope.

Thank you for fixing that but I don't feel that its that easy getting people to have your back on here, so I am genuinely thanking you for making that statement.. MS was definitely on my mind since I hate extra items (MAF, CPS etc.) more crap that can fail IMO.

The fine art of sorting through the "help" you get... some of the most helpful people I have found are on here. And sometimes its a matter if asking the person directly than the whole forum.

I end up just researching and then just trying whatever once I feel confident enough. I have seen too many good people get burned for asking for help. Most of the time it's due to a recently discussed or tremendously discussed topic. Some people are not good at using forums or even computers but have the same passion we have for these cars and generally it's easier to ask someone and get a detailed answer than to search. I enjoy explaining things to people. But that's just me.

Post everything you got! Your work is outstanding!

Do you have any close ups of the 850 lip especially where it meets the fenders.

Also, did you use Ben's roll correctors?

I end up just researching and then just trying whatever once I feel confident enough. I have seen too many good people get burned for asking for help. Most of the time it's due to a recently discussed or tremendously discussed topic. Some people are not good at using forums or even computers but have the same passion we have for these cars and generally it's easier to ask someone and get a detailed answer than to search. I enjoy explaining things to people. But that's just me.

This is all truth. The entire point of a forum's existence is to be a place where people with the same interests can get together and share ideas. Lots of people get burned asking for help, but my personal favorite is when people get burned for trying to help someone else when the rest of the crowd is chanting google..
But you have to take the bad with the good, ya know? I've been flamed enough for a lifetime around here but I've also met plenty of good people and learned enough through them to be able to help others out.

Also, nobody should ever believe this MrBrown guy when he says he's not very good at something... that's all I hear but obviously his work is top notch stuff!!

I'm ready to see this thing in action.

Post everything you got! Your work is outstanding!

Do you have any close ups of the 850 lip especially where it meets the fenders.

Also, did you use Ben's roll correctors?

OK, so this is the best I could find. Its not what your looking for but I can elaborate on how I mounted them. I grinded the lip off to make it smooth to be flush with the fender. I then Plisti welded some ribbed fasteners to the inside of the fender lip. Drilled 2 small holes and popped the fastener in for a tight flush look. I used 2 pre existing holes under the front bumper and drilled tapped 2 more holes.

DSC_2679.jpg

DSC_2677.jpg

side3.jpg

side2.jpg

DSC_2666_1.jpg

And no, I am not using roll steer correctors.. I have not noticed much change in the steering rebound etc enough to get them although it would probably be worth getting them one day.

I updated my member profile with some albums since I don't have any updates.
I'm almost ready to roll Shane. I will let you know the details in how it runs. Hopefully tomorrow.

Back