• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

On my wish list for the car would be more power. It really does trundle along just fine on flat ground at 75 mph. But the mountains tested it. Kind of been on the fence about the turbo swap. But I can see why it?s popular.

I decided to add the turbo when this jerk pulled up next to me instead of getting behind me knowing that his lane was going to end in ~30 yards. I’ll never forget it. It was a Pontiac Aztec that was beat to hell and back. I thought in my mind that I was not letting him in front of me. Well the light turned green and he and I both gunned it. We know then end of the story because I have a Holset now!
With 26lbs I am probably slightly more than double what the car had prior to T’ing it.
On the way back from the ipd show last year I was playing around on I5 with 3 Lamborghini’s and staying with them. They loved that this old wagon could stay with them.

So the point I’m making is go for it Carl. It’s definitely worth the work and money!!!

The car ran great! Very happy. Checked the mileage on the last 200 miles and she got 27 mpg. Not too shabby.

071-M.jpg

126-M.jpg

112-M.jpg

Glad to see you're enjoying your wagon again. These cars can do surprisingly well on MPG's on the highway. Even with my Wife's car, we were able to get really close to 27-28 on our drive down to Ashland and back last summer for her job.

On my wish list for the car would be more power. It really does trundle along just fine on flat ground at 75 mph. But the mountains tested it. Kind of been on the fence about the turbo swap. But I can see why it?s popular.

Having gone from n/a to 8v plus T to 16v plus T holy **** adding a turbo to the n/a 8v is a giant difference. A good microsquirt tune, a bar of boost, and even with still an M cam the car was lots more fun. I highly encourage the plus T to you wagon.

Let?s do this...

How to fix pulled coils on head? Take head to machine shop? Aluminum welder? Scrap B21FT and plus-t the 230? JB Weld?

0EE46329-CAD4-4764-9C3F-39C2673689F0-M.jpg

FC4F030F-E925-479D-BB60-BD114D0600A2-M.jpg

Back