• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wheel Fitment/Experiences 700 Series

Joe_Diesel

So I want a set of these wheels I found on eBay for my 1989 780 Bertone which currently has 6Jx15 ET25 multi X wheels with 205/60 R15 tires on it and stock suspension all the way around with nivomatic shocks that do sag down after a day or so almost to where I feel like it would sit on larger wider wheels. Anyway my question is has anyone tried fitting 18x8 ET30 wheels on their 700 series? I would use hub centric rings to adapt them right (65.1mm to 74mm) and the bolt patterns match one another 5x108. Would they fit, front and rear? Would they rub at full lock? And if so whats t a comfortable good looking 18" tire to run.

8" et30 is going to rub something somewhere on the inside. The wider you go, the further out you need to push the wheel to keep enough clearance.

I already replied to your PM, but the short answer for good fitment with those wheels would be 20mm adapters on the front, 10mm spacers on the rear.

Oh, and they wont be comfortable, as you'd probably be running 225/40/18 tires, which don't have much sidewall. And in my opinion 18's don't look good on a car that's not lowered anyway.

I'm running 17" pegs with the ipd spacers and 225 45 17. If that helps. I'm also lowered and have a adjustable pan hard rod. With my thrust angle at 0, I run a little on the right rear inner tire and left rear outer tire over big bumps.

I'm running 17" pegs with the ipd spacers and 225 45 17. If that helps. I'm also lowered and have a adjustable pan hard rod. With my thrust angle at 0, I run a little on the right rear inner tire and left rear outer tire over big bumps.

Pix please. This sounds sweet.

17x8 et-5 barely clears the inner wheelwell on full lock, so YMMV.

18's with proper size tires are going to make the car look like a truck if you don't lower it.

I don't know bout the its equipped cars but my 95 940t has custom diamond steel wheels thay are 5x108 16x8 0 offset

This is all very helpful. I guess I should start by lowering the car first and worry about wheel fitment later. I'd like to keep the multi X look but just larger because I think they look classy which is why when I saw some used BBS for cheap I got so interested. Maybe I would go 17" then if they'll ride that poorly. I was basing the idea of a photoshopped 780 on google images.

I like that look a lot, how much is it lowered? And do you think with some more spacing, you could avoid rubbing in the rear?

I could probably adjust the panhard rod so it won't rub. But I want the alignment right. The rubbing is very minor. Not sure how much it's lowered. Maybe a inch

Back