• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Skid mark...

image-M.jpg

Having fun dranking the kool-aid I see.

:grin:

Ordered the thinnest spacers Ben has: 16.5 mm. They should arrive next week. He was kind enough to send the studs ahead so I could could swap them during my week off.

image-M.jpg

But the studs look like they would work with the thicker spacers. Thought I could grind the ends off the factory lugs to make an open end (the pictured one is bottomed). But the center caps on the wheels may hit. Hate to cut the nice new studs and have a rough end. Not sure if the lugs would thread on nicely or not.

:doh:

:uh:

Sell them Virgo lugs and buy the right thing.

20 OPEN END CHROME BULGE ACORN LUG NUTS | 1/2X20 | 3/4" HEX | JEEP | DODGE US $10.83

s-l1600.jpg

Claim it's all NOS sell it off part it down and profit again.

Nice! Those the right pitch and all that?

Mocked up the wheels. I think the hub caps will fit OK.

No idea when the tire rubbed. Probably when entering the driveway. I put the adjustable track / panhard rod on, but it wasn't far off with only a coil off the rear.

Well shoot. I used the big alternator brackets, but the adjuster is all the way up. Maybe I had the wrong belts to start with? Size AVX10 x 925. I think. Hard to read.

Last edited:
"Bat" light on. Swapped small wires at alternator, "bat" light still on. Checked voltage: 12.0. How come?

image-M.jpg

Something goes on the spade terminal?

Last edited:
Put a temp secondary ground on to rule that out first. Then check the wire from the alt to the harness plug at the firewall. You can run a temp wire there also. Known good alt?

Nice NAPA lady was confused by my weird Volvo Denso alternator hook ups. Picked up the second belt. One size smaller. The old ones where worn pretty narrow too.

The small red wire goes on that spade that's inside the little "window" IIRC. It's just to the right of the big red wire.
If the alt really is bunk (I had one bad one, but I wrote "BAD" on it in big paint pen and still see it here) I'll mail you another one.

Should be fine.

Red wire with female spade to the male spade terminal in the recess( white circle) Ground wire to the lug in the blue circle

That is how mine is hooked up.

Back