• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

my stupid +T questions

orrob

Background: 1993 240 wagon around 212k on the clock. IPD turbo cam, valve job, springs, and blocked flat by engine shop. New water pump, trying to replace hoses and such while its torn apart. New inline fuel pump and filter. Oil pan already dropped and welded oil drain bung and reinstalled (that sucked). Have been collecting parts for over a year so I think I should have everything. Budget is TB or JY but willing to throw a few bucks at things that really matter.

I've been using: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=4480717&postcount=37
as my go to source for this build (thank you for putting it together). But since it is an older thread, some pictures or links are broken. So I have a few questions (probably stupid ones) that I have not found the answer, or have seen conflicting answers on.

1. Oil lines for turbo (both feed and drain), teflon tape or no on the fittings?

2. Assuming it will need different spark plugs? Which ones?

3. I grabbed some of the brown injectors out of an s70 turbo. Can someone confirm these are high impedance, would plug and play in my 240, and give the right fuel for my +T (13t turbo)?

4. I have my stock 240 radiator and also a nicer looking one out of a 740t, is one better than the other?

5. Since 240 turbos are non existent in my area, or are completely stripped within an hour of hitting the jy, how are people adapting 740 or 940 radiator/IC brackets to fit a 240 (side note, if someone has some to trade, I have several from 740's and 940's)?

6. Finally, I got a 3 gauge cluster awhile back and realized it does not have the harness. Is there one out there our any help with making one? I know there is an adapter needed for the oil pressure sender, but which sender is best? I saw a lot of links to egauges but they seem to be out of business now?

Thanks!

Last edited:
No teflon tape. Spark plugs need to be gapped at . 28, same spark plugs. As long as injectors came from a t5 turbo model, they can be used. No difference in radiator. Bottom intercooler mounts work, get creative with top mount(they can be bent to work in a 240). Post wanted ad for gauge pod harness.

1. I personally haven't seen teflon used, especially with OEM style banjo fittings. (edit: if you're using a pipe thread adapter such as the one shown in the other thread with the red pipe dope, go ahead, can't hurt.)
2. Yes, you'll go one step colder (I.e. if you have NGK BPR6ES you'll step to BPR7ES. The correct gap is .028, or "28 thousandths". I run .025 on my 850R and it helped solve a breakup issue at high rpm/high boost)
3. Those injectors should work. Are they orange tops?
4. 240 Rad should be fine as long as it's not super old/clogged (Are you running an E-fan? If not, you will need to either modify yours or find the correct shroud for the clutch fan to work right)
5. The brackets you have can be made to work. Finding 240 IC brackets will be difficult and typically expensive. Just use what you've got tbh..
6. If you mean "oil pressure" instead of "fuel pressure" I think Dave Barton can steer you in the right direction for finding an oil pressure sender that will communicate properly with the OEM gauge.

Last edited:
3. Those injectors should work. Are they orange tops?
4. 240 Rad should be fine as long as it's not super old/clogged (Are you running an E-fan? If not, you will need to either modify yours or find the correct shroud for the clutch fan to work right)

They are more brown...should be these: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-fuel-injector-kit-9186340kt?ads_cmpid=352577839&ads_adid=22972759279&ads_matchtype=&ads_network=g&ads_creative=85227243679&utm_term=&ads_targetid=pla-22190487637&utm_campaign=&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&ttv=2&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxYLoBRCxARIsAEf16-tuigAfS7w8Uep1vCdA5TeIUQzFl0-8YRD5CbOIDWCs2cZ_6texFNEaAqk-EALw_wcB

I will be running an e-fan...just need to modify the shroud.

Thanks!

Last edited:
The injectors on FCP appear to be 0-280-155-831. This website shows the specs as being:

297cc/min @ 3 bar and 334cc/min @ 4 bar. High impedance. All signs say they should work.. They won't flow as much as blue or white T5 injectors from the same vintage, but I think they'll flow enough for what a 13c will spit out..

(edit - fixed link)

Last edited:
For the upper radiator/intercooler brackets to work on a 240. You make a slot at the mounting hole so the length of the bracket is adjustable. That's worked well for me.

For the upper radiator/intercooler brackets to work on a 240. You make a slot at the mounting hole so the length of the bracket is adjustable. That's worked well for me.

any chance you could snap a picture of your set up?

Back