View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 11:09 PM   #52
escondidoron
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol242vo View Post
Brilliant idea with the painters tape and washers. I skimmed through the last few posts, are you powder coating or spray? It all looks fantastic.
Thank you for the kind words. Iíve been doing the washer and tape thing since I was a kid; back in my slot car days.

I am rattle can spray painting with etching primer and Rustoleum. Before painting Iím sandblasting wherever possible. I.e. if it will fit in my blast cabinet. I prep all parts with acetone immediately before painting to ensure any lingering oil residue is removed. Paint consists of light coat of primer and 2 coats of color. After the finish coat of paint cures sufficiently to be able to handle I bake at 325F for 30 minutes. At assembly time I try to keep my hands clean and pre-fitting parts before painting helps to assure that they go together w/o interference. The resultant finish has proven to be quite durable.

'73 145
'16 V60

ďA man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom.Ē - Michel De Montaigne 1588

escondidoron is offline   Reply With Quote