• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Another Canadian B23FT build

And of course I could not resist...
DSCF2660.jpg

DSCF2674.jpg

I have some work ahead of me.

http://store.racing-solutions.org/

Colimbia River Mandrel Bend for the exhaust bits. Great selection, good price, cheap shipping and packaged well.

I think the IC is from CXRacing on eBay. This was back with the IC was $57.oo and the shipping was $5o.oo. I got everthing including IC (31x12x3), 3" piping and some silicone for $193 shipped. And with the strong CDN dollar that day it was like $187.5o.

The only sucky thing is I have to cut and reweld the bov to the new piping...
DSCF2683.jpg

Great looking project- that 1800 kicks ass. Did it used to have a B23E/M46 in it? I remember one alot like that back when I lived in London and attended the Canadian Volvo Club meets.

Are those mahle pistons on a kolby box, or kolby pistons? They look alot like the standard bore B23ET 9:1 pistons I used in my project. From the assembly shots you can just see the underside of one of them and they look like the good forged ones.

Ditch the cam, fast. All that port, turbo and exhaust work will be useless with the x-profile exhaust lobe. You'd be better off with an A, B or K grind, but given what you've done so far, what's another $200 for an IPD turbo cam.

I have a few questions:
What is this threaded hole behind the heater hose? I had to go through about 6 engines to find a plug. When I did my volvo mech friend still couldn't define what it was from.
DSCF2820.jpg

Also, see the brass coloured fitting coming out under cylinder #4 under the heater line. What is that for? - and would this be a good place to get an accurate coolant temp?
DSCF2821.jpg

Well, I can't answer your questions, but I do have one for you... :) Why're you sticking with the early exhaust manifold?

That tube near the back of the engine should be the coolant drain port, should be the lowest coolant spot in the block. I would think a better coolant temperature sender spot would be in the head.

Is that a TD05-12b turbine housing? I can't quite tell.

I knew I was going to get this questions sooner or later.

You all understand how these projects seem to snowball...well I have plans to get a better mani and turbo and cam but I need to get this thing running now.

Get err running this summer then in the winter I will have the time to do all of this stuff. For me the issue is time.

Turbo is a TD05 with a 16g on the cold side that is balanced and machined to fit the housing. The hot side turbine and shaft is a talon (I think a 14) with a machined turbine housing to fit. WG hole was opened up with an anti smegma build-up coating.

How do you block off the coolant drain plug?

grooves

Looking good, can't wait to hear about it being all together and driving... Was the machine at work unable to go farther down in depth on the grooves as they enter into the chamber, or is that how you wanted them done? Curious as to your thoughts on what made you arrange them in those directions, care to elaborate? :)

Get'r done! :rockon:
What do you mean by "hopefully"?

I got the idea from TF. He was the one that helped me design how they would work along the induction swirl. A little faith, that's all.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=66779&highlight=grooves&page=23

DSCF2549.jpg

Yea, get her going first, then save up for an IPD turbo cam (or better), Holset and nice exhaust mani. Mate it to a 4" exhaust and scare little children as you suck up the asphalt when you're in boost... :D

Back