• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Atom's Amazon Wagon Project Update Thread

Time for 5 lugs! Nice, what?s the pattern, 5x108? And does Tesla use Brembos or other calipers? Either way, sure it?ll be a nice upgrade. I?m a sucker for the LMs on your wagon, so I?ll be eager to see what those 5 spokes look like on it.

Also, congrats on the huge article, I?ll have to grab a copy on my way home from work...:-P

5x100. That way one stud stays and I only have to drill 4 more spots. Hubs then become 4x100 and 5x100. It?s a Toyota/Subaru/VW bolt pattern so there?s a fair selection of wheels. The five spokes are mostly for mock up. They might live on there temporarily. Tesla calipers are Brembo.

What lead you to go with the Tesla calipers? And what size wheels/tires/brake rotors will you be running?

Using the Tesla calipers cause I had them and they?re Brembo manufactured. I?ll actually be stepping down a wheel size and running 17?s (8 & 9 most likely). The rotors in the front will still be the 330mm rotors I have on there (more like a caliper/pad upgrade), but I?ll finally get around to doing the rear upgrade w/3300mm rotors in back too. Plus upping the Master Cylinder to a 25mm bore unit.

Using the Tesla calipers cause I had them and they?re Brembo manufactured. I?ll actually be stepping down a wheel size and running 17?s (8 & 9 most likely). The rotors in the front will still be the 330mm rotors I have on there (more like a caliper/pad upgrade), but I?ll finally get around to doing the rear upgrade w/3300mm rotors in back too. Plus upping the Master Cylinder to a 25mm bore unit.

Sounds interesting! Are the tesla calipers radial mount and do you know the piston sizes? Might become an interesting one to use on homebrew big brake kits.

Looking forward to see the outcome! Your earlier Wilwood setup inspired me to get in on the four-piston brake caliper action with my Saab 900 :)

Sounds interesting! Are the tesla calipers radial mount and do you know the piston sizes? Might become an interesting one to use on homebrew big brake kits.

Looking forward to see the outcome! Your earlier Wilwood setup inspired me to get in on the four-piston brake caliper action with my Saab 900 :)

Yeah, I have all the measurements at work written down. I might be stepping down to a 215mm rotor and back to the Wilson?s calipers though. The wheels I really want to use hit the caliper at the drop center. I did find a way to put reasonably priced two piece rotors together though!

70cd56d2682fe46ea33f261a19497560.jpg

Pretty stoked on these too!

AMAZING Atom badges made by House Of Logos out of the UK !! Couldn?t be happier. These are stage badges. Buy a custom part fabricated by me, get a green dot Stage 1. Level up to the Stage 2 red dot, then the Stage 3 gold dot. Ultimate Full Builds get the Uber limited Polished Copper Stage 4 badge. Can?t wait until I get to see some out in the wild!

d6e324db06fd58de6e39e0ae8d1acd38.jpg
e18ab80408d4622d5f8c7de5e843ecdb.jpg
4945e972271cb1c9b5b57242b8ce33c0.jpg
b5f981fa235061a755594d5907bb14d1.jpg
946c140de248212729616ad352ecaf98.jpg

Back