• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pipe to oil sump

xallenx

So, I posted before that I have a high crankcase pressure even after replacing my oil separator and hose. The pressure is so high that it blew the intermediate seal off. I took off the new oil separator and stuck a hanger in the oil sump pipe. I can only get down to about 1.5 inches with the hanger. The pipe is clogged up. How do I go by unclogging this pipe? Should hammer a rod and push all the crud into the sump? Any advice.

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/faq/ImagesProcedures/OilBreatherBox2.gif

The hole on the left is clogged.

So, I posted before that I have a high crankcase pressure even after replacing my oil separator and hose. The pressure is so high that it blew the intermediate seal off. I took off the new oil separator and stuck a hanger in the oil sump pipe. I can only get down to about 1.5 inches with the hanger. The pipe is clogged up. How do I go by unclogging this pipe? Should hammer a rod and push all the crud into the sump? Any advice.

Yes, be gentle. The pipe is not straight and is clamped. I was not so careful and ended up having to drop the sump to rectify my ham fisted disaster.

Go with what vlvman said. The other thing you can do is pour oil into it and see what happens. I'd be more inclined to unblock it slowly and gently unless you really want to have to drop the sump.

Back