• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Josh's $300 242

More stuff today...

242seats.jpg

Damn its sitting high

242high.jpg

What 5 minutes with the plasma cutter could do. Ugh fight the urge!

Yeah, coil-overs do a better job.

The electric steering thing seems cool, hows the system setup? Sound like just an electric motor turning a hydraulic pump?

Yeah, coil-overs do a better job.

The electric steering thing seems cool, hows the system setup? Sound like just an electric motor turning a hydraulic pump?

Im trying to keep this thing looking rough from a distance. Im going to be racing in the local 1/8th mile drags, I want to be as much of a sleeper as possible. Cutting the springs would only be a temp thing, I have a set of coilovers for it, but I want to see what cut springs are like. Its not a major investment.

Its an electric hydraulic pump so yes, an electric motor turning a pump. Its the factory power steering pump on a Toyota MR2.

Not yet. Im trying to get "stage 0" done then im going to mega squirt. Once i have it running nice on MS i will bolt the turbo ish on. I have not doubt I will kill the trans in the near future. Not real worried about the motor, big turbos don't kill motors.

****ty tunes do?

Woo hoo!, half off hood and grill day at Ecology

$55 later

fh1.jpg

fh2.jpg

fh3.jpg

fh4.jpg

The drivers side headlight is bum. Any suggestions on upgrades? Something that can take an H4 bulb? Stock wiring upto a modern bulb?

Im a bit worried that the car is starting to look like someone actually cares, but I couldn't pass up cheap flathood goodness.. It looks good in my eyes now and im having a real hard time not slamming it.

nice, much better with the single rounds...meet a fellow brick owner at the pick your parts up here today, no luck for him finding a flathood.....I got the parts I needed :) ...oh yea...50% off

No updates in a long time, been crazy at the shop...

triggersetup.jpg

Got a beigeish hood now
beigeishflathood.jpg

Beer+plasma cutter=holy low beater.
slammed242.jpg

Looking good Josh! Is that 2 coils gone? Let me know when you set MS up to run on the E85/race gas, I'd like to check that out as I'm considering something similar for my 164 down the line.

Last edited:
Those are a good deal... my efforts are focused on getting this thing to make cool turbo sounds and limp to socal euro. The goal is to have MS running spark tonight.

The goal is to have MS running spark tonight.

Dang, I really want to see that process but I'm spending the evening getting supplies and planning a bachelor party for someone from England that I've known a week. I'll check it out at socal euro for sure. I have an extra 7" setup in the garage. Let me know if you want it.

I cut 3 coils off the front, and 2.5 in the rear. Not much travel left and it rides like poo. Its a ton of fun to rail around though. The mud flaps are self clearanceing.

Got ms working with aligator clips. The jumpers would not reach so we did not run it on spark but we got the timing synced. A long day and I think it will be MSnSed. Here is a vid and some pics of the generic dsm coil brackets im making.

coil1.JPG

coil2.JPG

coil3.JPG

coil4.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzEDGw02d7g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eZdpYUBwX8

Oh and off topic but another one of my fun projects...
miniautox.jpg

miniautox1.jpg

minisuspension.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1sZtokB6pI

Well its was an epic Saturday...

~10am

t1.jpg

Then the fun begins

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

10pm :-)
t5.jpg

t6.jpg

The car is now +t and running on mega squirt. Cannot believe how much work got done. Just waiting on my some aluminum pipe to show up to finish up the ic install, install the wide band and then its time to tune it on the 1600s :-).

That's awesome Josh. It's so simple. I hope you plan on keeping the steelies.

What type of flange did you use on the bottom of the downpipe?

Also, what type of filler rod did you use on the wastegate dump on the 90+?

Mike

Steelies are staying forsure. The car is going to be "shabby sheik" in my GFs words. Engine bay is cleaning up but I have not washed the outside of the car since I have owned it. It has mega quirt notes written all over it haha.

the flange on the bottom is an apexi 3" pattern that we use on DSMs at the shop all the time. Just what I happen to have around here.

I just used plan old steel rod on the manifold. I put it in the over @500 deg for over an hour before i welded. Makes all the difference.

Back