• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jah 240 Plus Turbooo

I was thinking about an easy way to stiffen up my engine mount/s and a friend came over with his old 240(sx) homemade hockey puck mount. Its two hockey pucks back to back with a hole drilled through the middle and a bolt running through them. Turns out they're the exact same size as the original passenger side (US) mount only not made out of jello. The bolt he used had a standard nut but it turns out the locking nut from the old mount fit it as well so I'm using that one.

xVICXFj.jpg

Ive also been working pretty hard to remove my fingerprints...

QaQrObM.jpg

No power sander or sanding blocks around...figured id just stick it out. Almost done, then bondo time and some more sanding. (everything that looks like rust...IS rust)

I had a question and maybe someone on here knows a way. The top by the cowl has rusted these little holes through and i was trying to come up with a simple way to cover em up and smooth em out without knowing how to weld. I used a JB weld and thin metal sheet method to patch holes on an aluminum boat hull that i was thinking might work her but it most likely won't be too smooth.

calopH1.jpg

Getting close...little over a week left...

Maybe some fiberglass bondo?

Thats kinda what i was thinking, but not with bondo (since I've never worked with bondo before and wasn't sure if that would work). I used fiberglass cloth and epoxy resin on a spot on my hood when i got the car but it didn't feel strong enough. I ended up using this strong mesh cloth i pulled outta some concrete board and "gluing" it in with the bondo. Feels strong and it should look decent with some sanding and paint.

pdNfBf6.jpg

Before sanding...

eR7x4bZ.jpg

mbolton1990: Im actually missing two of those multi-x wheels but I'm not too worried, they're really small haha. Thanks though!

740atl: It really has been! Probably not worth the time and money to most people, but I'm learning for the next one haha. Thanks, I'm liking the pink more and more. I'll admit, I was definitely skeptical at first haha.

Last edited:
Well it's been a pretty productive weekend so far...

I painted the subframe and stuff with a "rust killing/preventing" paint

8CgrBjx.jpg

I finished sanding and masking the bay

HOpGnZ5.jpg

AOdzEfX.jpg

Which led to this...

C96Xubz.jpg

And then this...

2PlE8HS.jpg

Im pleased with how my first time spaying went. I definitely shoulda taken everything out though...not enough space for the gun in there.

I also started cleaning up the rest of the aluminum parts with this little guy

wuRziXm.jpg

Almost ready to drop the engine back in. Just gotta dress it up real quick.

Wow, excellent progress! Definitely gonna look awesome with the motor in. What kind of rust preventing paint did you use? What was your paint set up?

Wow, excellent progress! Definitely gonna look awesome with the motor in. What kind of rust preventing paint did you use? What was your paint set up?

Thanks! Thats funny, i was actually thinking about posting the different paints i used for future reference...

For the rust preventing paint, i used this Krylon brand paint.

xWTMguj.jpg

It looks pretty good but it stays tacky for a really long time. Might have been the humidity though.

The pink paint is VHT brand. Its one of their high temp engine enamels in the color "Hot Pink." It looks great if you follow the instructions on the can. It tells you to bake the object you painted to cure it. I did this for the valve cover and oil pan. I noticed it had a lot more gloss and it was tougher. Without baking, it tends to flake easy.

I painted all the aluminum parts with Dupli Color brand "Cast Aluminum" color engine enamel. I really like the Dupli Color stuff the most. Its pretty forgiving, lasts a while, looks great, and is super easy to get good results.

The engine bay was painted with a Hobo Freight purple HVLP spray gun. I have a basic 26 gallon compressor and sprayed outside in the humid Florida weather. Obviously not prime painting conditions haha. I forget the brand of the primer i used but it was a cheap lacquer based primer. It had a tendency to overspray and cause a sandpaper-like texture when it dried. Could have been my gun/setup, but the color was fine with the same settings. The paint color is a single stage system from RestorationShop dot com. The color is "Diamond Blue." It looks great, especially considering the conditions i painted in.

Last edited:
It poured yesterday and sprinkled all day today so its been pretty wet and nasty out. Today i made a lot of progress, yet not much at all haha.

I got some parts put on but got to a point where I'm still waiting on some parts in the mail and couldn't continue there.

J5MqOt9.jpg

I test fit the downpipe on the stand. Hangs just below the oil pan.

DRm3LzJ.jpg

Ended the night mounting the brake components and trying to run these wires in a clean manner. I plan on using some corrugated flex hose to clean it up and make it more uniform.

YbnDfVi.jpg

Its gonna be kinda close...parts come in Thursday/Friday and the event I said i would make it too is on Saturday morning haha.

Thanks guys! So today was a pretty long day...sorry for the severe lack of photos, didn't really have my phone around. Time was spent mainly looking for things cause i was super unorganized from the beginning... Also, trying to attach the clutch cable to the pedal while its connected to the transmission. Probably wasted a couple hours before we finally got it on. Another huge waste of time came from the interference of my alternator lock nut and the oil feed fitting. Ended up shaving down the bolt hole and getting bigger belts to get it on there.

Big thanks to Sharingan 19 for coming in clutch with his signature RX-7 transmission mount. He covered it in his build thread "Brick in a Box" but its basically an FC RX-7 engine mount, the one with the metal collar, and it pretty much fits in perfect. You just have to hammer or shave the little ledge thats supposed to keep the mount from rotating. I also noticed theres a locating pin on the RX-7 mount so i drilled a hole in the transmission-side bracket and made use of the pin.

Another thanks to my friend and dad, helping me get stuff done triple time all day long haha.

How it sits currently...

4fjs5BO.jpg

juSExmT.jpg

I don't have enough couplers and stuff to get all the intercooler piping done tonight but the intake and hot side are pretty solid. Gotta wire the wideband, get a good cold side set up around my huge battery, and put a couple seats in there.

And for the first time in three months...IT LIVES!!!

First Start Video

At first the starter was really stuck and we almost pulled one off my brothers car before we finally un-stuck it haha. Then we found out the distributor was 180? off and after fixing that, if started right up without a hitch (or any kind of air metering or filter or intake anything haha). Even though we didn't get as far as we planned, it was still a good day. Hopefully i can't still make it to the event. In all honesty, its not even a big event or a big deal, i just NEED a deadline for things if i ever wanna finish em haha, Its just a "Cars and Coffee" event. Still wanna go cause i said i would haha.

Awesome to see it running! Seems like its coming together for you pretty well

Yeah, haha, it's a great feeling! I haven't tried your chip yet but I will today. I only have the open downpipe right now and I'm thinking it's affecting the wideband readings. But as it is, I'm really surprised at how well it runs with the stock LH 3.1 NA ECU. It's around 10.5 to 12 when in light boost. Hovers around 14.8 to 15 when cruising. I didn't wanna really step on it, I never even reached half throttle haha. But it was backfiring quite a bit so it must have been running rich.

Well today was a great success. I made it to the event this morning, sure it was about 5 or ten minutes before it was over, buuuut i made it haha.

ppBrFB2.jpg

The car ran surprisingly good all day on stock LH 3.1. I don't have my IAC valve hooked up but it starts right up, idles, and runs pretty good. I don't have a working temp gauge at the moment, but it was a little cold out today and the engine wasn't ever actually hot. I also hooked up a tachometer and was pleasantly surprised it worked haha.

uUrUAeY.jpg

I was having trouble with my headlights. Every time i would turn on the high beams, it would start at the hi low step relay and twice it actually caught fire. I was looking at a wiring diagram and figured out where the power runs through and decided to bypass the whole relay. You will NOT have high beams but it will get you by in an emergency. You just make this jumper from pin 56 to pin 56b.

8BXR1Xy.jpg

I didn't get to try turbotankshane's chip today but i want to record some video of the cars gauges on the stock NA map.

Last edited:
Back