• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

5x114.3 to 5x108 Wheel Fitment

Vol242vo

Keep it clean...
I know this question has been beaten to death, I don’t have a clear understanding of offsets and adapters or spacers for proper fitment. I’m looking for some nice looking wheels for my 242 and came across these on eBay. However I’m not sure what adapters I’d need to run them, obviously 5x108 to 5x114.3 but thickness is my area unknown. The offset appears to be +20, also, I’ve read I’d want to run hub centric adapters vs. non hub centric...

https://m.ebay.com/itm/MST-MT-16-16...UNER-4-WHEEL-SET/322694420635?epid=2213054925

Last edited:
You are gonna need at least 25 mm to adapt the bolt pattern, and et25 is the factory wheel so et40+ wheels with adapters will be close to stock. Basically fwd wheels.
The non/centric argument is going to get you 12 answers from 9 members at least so when all is said and done, listen to the trees. Redwoods are generally old and wise...:nod:

I have non hub centric adapters, it takes about 30 seconds longer to mount them, just have to make sure they go on straight. I use 2) of the lug nuts, skip one hole and tighten those evenly, it brings the wheel center on the other studs, then zap all 5 down with an impact. Hub centric is easier but the lugs and studs are what locate these as well once everything is tightened down.

If you put a spacer on those they'll be outside your fenders. Find a shop that can re-drill. Or keep shopping.

They would fit at your ride height with a bit of work.
Custom 20mm adapters
Short lug nuts and trimmed down studs (if the wheels don't have good pockets on the hub mounting surface)
205-215 tires
Rolled fender lips

Front won't be too bad, it's the rear where you will struggle.

I like the 17" versions better.

https://www.kaplhenke.com/collections/240/products/240-redrilled-front-hubs

240hubredrilled_1024x1024.jpeg

Back