View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 04:07 PM   #2
SEslayer
Dumber than I look.

I have been driving the car for a coming up a month now. It actually handles amazing well stock, i am yet to get under or over steer, however i have a latent fear of writing it off so i am being a tad more cautious than usual.
My 9 is still in the shop (blasphemous i know) first time i have ever let someone else work on my car, but i am recovering from a badly dislocated collarbone (praise free healthcare) turnsout my clutch slave that had no circlip holding it in took him 5 hours to remove, not surprised considering it was holding a 500ftlb clutch. But with a rebuilt slave and master its ready to be reverted to stock and get put up for sale.

I have interim plans for the GT, while i save for the expensive 16vt parts. I plan to chuck the running 16v engine into the gt and run it on bike carbs. Whether or not i run the cd009 upfront or not i am unsure.
I just bought full R brakes, they popped up on facebook for 400usd. (These cost 1300usd locally and have seen one set for sale in 7 years)
I wont put them on yet as New Zealand has a safty inspections which are extremely strict
Any modification to steering or brake system needs to be certified and any cutting and welding to factory mounting. (Also anything over 20% power gain but thats kinda hard to prove.
I will just drive the tired b23 for now.
Rebuild my gtir engine
And hopefully be ordering coilovers the other side of christmas.
By then i should have the bike carb thing ready ish. Thoughts were it would be 180ish hp and enough for a fun, peppy (with the yoshi 228 flywheel) daily!
1985 360 - Crushed
1990 740 GLE 16V - Crushed
1990 740 Turbo - Crushed
1972 164 - Mid Resto

1992 Nissan GTIR pulsar. - likely my coffin.
SEslayer is offline   Reply With Quote