• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I was too legit. Too legit to quit.

Got a new ride so I can park the 740 and prep it for Davis. Not bad for $500

IMG_20170119_155647_069_zps3njzufob.jpg

Last edited:
Heh, yea even with an Efan, big IC, etc I don't think it will quite have the same poke. I'll let this 15g ride for a while, but I can already tell it needs just a bit more juice for me to be satisfied (inb4 koolaid man)

Pulled plugs after the 15g swap and some maintenance. Put in OEM Volvo plug at .035 gap. What do you guys usually run?

Here's how the last batch looked. I'm holding them in order, firewall to radiator -> left to right

20170610_0942091_zpsvji8yvgp.jpg

20170610_0942151_zpsik07m7dl.jpg

A little rich, not uncommon.

I'm on the hunt for another plug. Been running V-power's 1 range colder, looks like they are discontinued, so I've got NGK BPR7ES's at .026"

I just run OEM and never have a problem but you're on a different level :e-shrug:

Used to run .028 in the 242 so maybe I'll go back to that...

So the car has a "flat spot" in the boost. Pulls hard in 1st (automatic car) Spikes in second and goes flat, then builds back up before hitting third and holding strong from there on out. Also pings once or twice when you jump on it suddenly. Boost gauge incoming so I'll get a better idea of the numbers soon. Butt dyno says ~13psi when it's cool out. 940 IC is also already bought and going in eventually with 940 rad and Efan

Ping at sudden onset of boost is a 2.4 thing. Chips from tlao resolve that.

Flat spot... Boost doesn't build flat spot or boost builds but car doesn't go?

Ping at sudden onset of boost is a 2.4 thing. Chips from tlao resolve that.

Flat spot... Boost doesn't build flat spot or boost builds but car doesn't go?

Ohhhh. Better get me some of them chips then.

The boost spikes when it hits 2nd gear, drops a few psi immediately and then builds back up through 2nd gear, stays constant after the shift into 3rd. The wastegate bracket is definitely of the home made variety, but I'm pretty sure it isn't bending.

Same thing you said last time, I must be doing something different on that one. I re-torqued all four this morning so hopefully I got that one right. Thanks Shifted!

Gary, the car felt like it was making less than 5psi on just the gate, so I'm running my MBC on it. Estimated 13psi at the max if I had to guess.

Last edited:
Gotcha. Strange that it takes some time to build boost. Any details on what the spring rates are on the gate, or application it was spec'd for? Almost sounds like it's a 15g stock wastegate that has a weak spring to keep the gate closed. Just for test purposes, get a secondary return spring between the bracket and the arm, see if your boost is more stable. Definitely need a legit boost gauge on there first though...

I agree. Calibrated boost gauge is on the to-do list. Any thoughts on the A-pillar gauge pods? Looks like a nice piece, but not sure about blind spots..

Back