• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1966 amazon estate resto/severe mod

More from today, inner wing is 80 per cent done, just needs welding up,:)

The car has loads of strength now in the front end , as it was a bit flimsy as you can imagine :oops:

Opposite side exactly same template used, once blasted and painted you wont tell if you didnt know:)

We will be working towards the rear of the car once these panels are 100 per cent, which will be monday now,

Off to pick an amazon 2 door body up, some similar plans for it :cool:

Some more pics of sills under construction,

Folded sixteen gauge, made to exact spec for BMW VOLVO frankencar

Scraped some of its sealer off to weld our piece in, not fun:grrr:

CAR ON RAMP PROPERLY, NO MORE BACK PROBLEMS ! :cool:

We will be working towards the back of the car now,

We need to now join inner sills to outer sills, with some more folded steel, today we joined bmw floor to volvo inner sill.

Last edited:
Some more pics...

I started to scrape BMW underseal off a bit at a time :-(

Floor is seam welded up

Just needs grinding down, looks ok, it will blasted and painted

No one will ever know

BMW under seal after today:)

Just been for a look, nice build,:cool:

I like your idea on the fuel filler neck, i have the same problem where to put mine, as same as yours it is opposite :grrr:

Im jealous of your solid body, we need to do loads of bodywork yet, as uk climate is not friendly on classic cars :-(

Some pics of my amazon on the floor for the first time, its very easy to push around now :cool:

Just been for a look, nice build,:cool:

I like your idea on the fuel filler neck, i have the same problem where to put mine, as same as yours it is opposite :grrr:

Im jealous of your solid body, we need to do loads of bodywork yet, as uk climate is not friendly on classic cars :-(

Mine was rusted up pretty good too. The rail and floor going down under the car under the right side was cracked and separated. I just fixed my rust a few years back before I started all these shenanigans.

YTP6pJn.jpg

Mine was definitely beyond repair as a standard volvo, all main seams were swelled and just dropped to bits in your hands, ive saved it from certain death :lol:

Some pics of us lining the doors up, the bmw rear suspension arm mounts, are in our way :omg:

You can see it in our way !

Front door fitted and lined up, so no movement in body, braces worked, as expected ;-)

We were stumped on a way to sort our small problem of, not been able to close the rear door, due to the bmw rear arm mount, :oops:
So after a bit of brain storming, i remembered some slammed vw buses on air ride, and after tubbing out their front arches, they modified the inside of the door so it closed ?
So thats exactly what we did ;-)

Blue line is where we are at

PERFECTO ! ;-)

We ll make a piece to fit back in and modify its door panel.

Door now closes

Its off for a sand blast on rear end to remove rusty crud and bondo/ filler

Will put some pics, up watch this space.... :-D

Rear end after a quick sand blast, not pretty :oops:

Can you see all the screws to keep the arch in place :cool:

Next we made a start on the bulkhead, some of the bmw was removed to neaten it up.

Some pics of the amazon joined to the bmw in the engine bay. :)

Inside.

First few braces are now cut off ;-)

Front end will be done soon, rear end looks like, not a lot of fun :-(

More pics soon.........

Back