• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Camshaft choice for 350whp+

Surfingbird

Hello, i was wondering what camshafts you are running out there? I am getting some tighter springs, in order to achieve 7000 rpm. My car has a pretty big turbo, which should be able to blow air all the way up to at least 6500 rpm. I have spool at 3700 rpm ish.

But what cam suits this setup? I do not care if i get a little lumpy idle, as long as it pulls to hell when it spools. I need a cam that starts working at around 4k rpm. I am looking at KL racing T3 cam at the moment..

I'm in a similar situation setup right now. It currently has IPD Turbo and falls flat at 5900 rpm. Next up is a Enem C2 cam. I also have a rsi stage 3 if for some reason the C2 isn't a good fit. Will post dyno results. Basically, I need to sell some cams and stuff.

Last edited:
Not sure how much power I'm making but I can tell you the rsi stg 3 pulls like mad...I have a 6800 limit and it pulls all the way there

I did actually have a look at that one too. Seems like a good choice too. I just need to make sure my curve doesn't drop a lot after 5+k rpm. Need to keep up that power.. Otherwise i risk loosing boost between changes.

I'm in a similar situation setup right now. It currently has IPD Turbo and falls flat at 5900 rpm. Next up is a Enem C2 cam. I also have a rsi stage 3 if for some reason the C2 isn't a good fit. Will post dyno results. Basically, I need to sell some cams and stuff.

I can relieve you of a cam 😂

he's waiting for me to get one of the cams installed & see how the car likes it. will need springs/retainers first..

Get some springs (stock can not get past 6500) about 40kg seat 110 at 12 mm, steel retainers - not titanium not aluminum, and check ENEM's products. This will get you up to 7500 rpm easily. Tested on my project.

Lift on a these heads can easily go up to 12,5mm but you don't need to do more.

I use ENEM K13 TURBO (280/280/113/115/12.5/12.5/1.8/1.2/0.40) for 400+ hp and idle is perfectly good while pulling like crazy..

You could even try ENEM K15 TURBO (292/292/111/115/12.5/12.5/2.6/2.0/ 0.40) for 500+ hp.

Note the cams refer to engine power not whp, so you need something targeted well over 400 hp to have a bit of tuning headroom !!

330 whp? 8 valve? headwork?

I think i'll go for something more aggressive than IPD's cam. I find that turbo cams are at bit more hard to come by than N/A ones, especially for a higher than normal revving engine. I need 7000rpms

Last edited:
yeah that's the problem with the current setup, it starts to nose over hard at around 5500. I think it's got some headwork, but I don't know for sure.

A k-cam will do 350+whp if you play around with an adjustable gear, and wakes up around 4000.

Both in Norway and Sweden there are many examples of people in the 350-400whp range with k-cams, usually timed to about 2-2.5mm tdc. With a rather large turbo I wouldn't worry that much about the overlap :)

I'm actually thinking about putting a k cam in my b21et. It's got a v-cam now (straight up, not timed in any way). Seems fairly happy, but starts to fall off before my 7200rpm rev limit.

One big plus of the alphabet cams is that they are cheap, atleast in scandinavia

Back