• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vintage 145 bosh to autolite alternator problems

blackswift bicycles

hey guys so i had to change my alternator and battery on my 145 with a b20e and now my charge light stays on and car wants to die when i come to a stop. any ideas?

Is the alternator charging ? Have you checked the voltage at the battery when it's idling with a multimeter ?

I'm assuming the belt is tight enough and not slipping ?

Yes, it should have 1. They are usually mounted on the right inner fender or radiator core support. Follow the alternator harness to find it.

Mechanical regulators should be changed every time a new or rebuilt alternators are installed. Electronic voltage regulators are usually reuseable.

i hate to sound stupid but i didnt know it has one

so i couldn't find it i ran down the wire and it ran to a connector so i picked up one from ipd and wired it in now i was getting voltage but the amp light was flickering so i was able to drive the car but when i got back and shut off the car the voltage dropped down to 10. am i missing something here?

What voltage were you getting with the engine running?

Is your battery good? Was it under load when you checked it with engine off?

Got a trickle charger you can top it up with?

Can't be bothered to spell 'Bosch' correctly.

Can't be bothered to speak in coherent sentences or use capitalization or proper punctuation.

Can't be bothered to find your vom to do some actual checking on your own.

...Go Fish.

actually i did find my meter thank you and if you want to talk **** go somewhere else.

Can't be bothered to spell 'Bosch' correctly.

Can't be bothered to speak in coherent sentences or use capitalization or proper punctuation.

Can't be bothered to find your vom to do some actual checking on your own.

...Go Fish.

Back