• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Project 800hp Volvette!

Way to go Dug, I think it's awesome you aren't just sitting on it, and are taking farther...that's steller dedication...can't wait to see this progress, might be the on;y 7XX volvo I like.

Yes but it's still a Volvo... just with a motor swap that has more potential than most Volvo Motors. Thats what makes it different and that's the main reason I have sponsors. You cant argue that fact. Also, what's great about the 200 and 700 series is that you can put in almost ANY motor in them without Cutting, Welding or Tunneling. Leaving the car with lots of options to play with! I also LUV the fact that I am driving a very practical, 5 seater car that can whip up on most super cars. VOLVOS FOR LIFE NICCA! Even if there not "Volvo" powered.

no, I understand what you're saying. It still doesn't exactly improve the image of a 2 7 or 9...you can swap pretty much anything into pretty much anything else. Saying the volvette (while undeniably AWESOME) gives cred to rwd volvos is like saying a 4g63 swapped hyundai gives cred to hyundais.

And for the record, one of my volvos is sbc equipped too...but for me to actually do anything with it other than put put around I'd have to do so much work it really ceases to be anything other than a shell just as yours is.

anyway, I'll be watchin, I love this car.

no, I understand what you're saying. It still doesn't exactly improve the image of a 2 7 or 9...you can swap pretty much anything into pretty much anything else. Saying the volvette (while undeniably AWESOME) gives cred to rwd volvos is like saying a 4g63 swapped hyundai gives cred to hyundais.

And for the record, one of my volvos is sbc equipped too...but for me to actually do anything with it other than put put around I'd have to do so much work it really ceases to be anything other than a shell just as yours is.

anyway, I'll be watchin, I love this car.

might as well tell the guy that shoves an aluminum LS6 into his '69 Camero that it is no longer is a Camero since that motor was never installed or intended for such an old car :-P

I like seeing what Dug has done, glad it is his money and not mine since I'd do things differently :)

Sweet awesome man! Who does your Decals and Hoodies? :oogle:I do! I make all my own merch...

I'm a 2 series man, but there are only FEW 7's I like. This one included.
Thanks

Dug, you are one sick individual man:rofl: God this thing is amazing. I love the look on peoples' faces when I show them the Volvette DVD...always priceless.
Thanks man!

This here is a beautiful car, keep up the work i'm going to definitely stay tuned in
No doubt! I will keep the pics coming.

You better freakin' call me when you are ready to come down for tuning dude. Car looks great as always. Seems like only yesterday we were fixing it in my parents driveway, lol.

All the motor needs to run 800rwhp is Rods, Pistons, Bearings and a Turbo cam... LS1's are awesome! I am also picking up some LS6 heads on ebay for good measure.:)

i disagree about safely running 800rwhp on a stock crank with an aluminum block.. what kind of rods and pistons are you running?

i disagree about safely running 800rwhp on a stock crank with an aluminum block.. what kind of rods and pistons are you running?

I will be running Lunati equipment. Do some research about the stock crank and stock block. U will be surprised on how much they can handle. Plus my tuning sponsor sees boosted LS1's all day so I'm going with his word.

Back