• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Thx boss. Just got back from a week in AZ. Nice vacation, got to catch up with a bunch of old friends and family.

Passed the AIC 41 (insurance) exam the day before we left. Three down, one to go for my AIC designation.

Eldest is doing well with his early career. Youngest starts her junior year at PSU in a few weeks.

My car would be twice as cool with one of these.

193314F3-12BB-4327-95C1-AC3706C54BE1-M.jpg

Ignition question.

740 turbo box under dash. Early '80's breakerless distributor in the B21FT.

Been reading this:

https://forums.tbforums.com/showthread.php?t=334753

Pulled the Mopar box and wire loom. Installed the coil and amplifier on the apron.

D1F11781-2845-49B3-8E6B-F8BCC7936CA5-M.jpg

Two "looms" come out of the amplifier. One goes to the distributor. Where does the other go? There are three wires: black and blue are bundled together, then a white that connects to a red is separate. Black has an eyelet like a ground. I also have a resistor.

Thx.

Last edited:
Got a few ideas about the ignition. Should be able to sort it out. Got a timing cover with the ignition scale, not sawn off, on the way.

E974E372-36AE-461B-9B71-2778D9BFA04E-M.jpg

F2902407-A271-475B-BF0A-74E5A9B089D0-M.jpg

Catch can:

I want to route it to the flame trap and to the intake side of the turbo. The flame trap is a typical PCV sized line. The catch can has 1" ID lines. Does this look like a viable solution? I can only assume that the catch can will function at it's best with the big lines. But I have no other ideas how to connect it to my motor. Where does the nipple on the bottom go? This thing is HUGE.

A3C44432-373A-41A9-A03E-337F923474FF-M.jpg

Last edited:
"What's taking so long?"

Well, let me tell you. On a typical week I can sneak in about four hours of garage time. Then there is my learning curve. For example: do not wait to install the turbo oil drain-tube. Put it on with the turbo assembly. I cannot tell you how many items I have put together and said: "well, that's done." Only to have to tear it apart to do some related operation. But now I know. Maybe this is what we call wisdom. Next time I do this, it will only take six months, instead of a full year.

:wtf:

4D723D0E-DC14-452B-BD9E-8E52C8C22150-M.jpg

Excited to see it in person once it's done(or to help detail her out). The move is complete, just box break-out. No clue on the storm, they're still considering sending me back out for fires. LOL

Man, I can't wait until you realize that you really need the extra power of a B234FT with a Holset backed by a T5.

I really love this thread. I wish I was this thorough with my own projects.

Carl did you get the ignition wiring sorted? I just did this (twice) about a month ago,
MICuDnr.jpg

The blue wire with the plastic shielding is for switched power. The blue wire with the bare connector goes on the single end of the ballast resistor. The brown wire with plastic goes to coil positive, the other brown wire goes to the double end of the BR, you run a wire from the end of the br to the open spade on the starter, can't remember which one, and the white wire goes coil negative. You also need to run a wire from the coil negative to the spade underneath the intake, not the one with the double orange wires, but the single grey? wire.

qOIrfRW.jpg

This is the stock mounting location for an 1983 na. The blue wire with nothing going into it is switched power, the underside of that is a shielded white for tach, and the brown connects to the MOPAR ignition box on one end, and coil positive on the other.

Did you get a turbo k-jet dizzy? The advance/retard is built into the distributor for breakerless, and for it not to ping like crazy you need the right dizzy. Ask me how I know.

Back