• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

tfrasca's 142 Turbo Project

Tfrasca

I've had my 142 for about six months now, and you guys have all been really helpful. When I bought it, it was sitting in the grass, and hadn't been registered since 1999. All the bearings and bushings had rusted or deteriorated, but the body is completely rust-free, and all the pieces were there and unmodified.

Over the last few months, I've done a lot to the car and it is now my daily driver. I am starting to lose track of my progress, so I figured I'd try to get it all in here for posterity and to help anyone else who may have 140 questions.

Things that I've done:

Interior:

Seat covers and foam
New seat webbing
Black carpet kit
Nardi Classic wheel
GT cluster
Stereo w/bluetooth (stock location)
6.5" rear speakers in hat shelf
Mahogany veneer hat shelf
4" front speakers (stock right location, custom mounted in knee bolster panel on driver side)
Arm rest w/center console storage
Added sound deadening under carpet and behind door panels

Suspension/Steering/Brakes:

Lowering springs from Classic Swede
Adjustable shocks from Classic Swede
IPD front sway bar (rear needs to be installed)
Poly bushings in trailing arms/torque rods
Brass idler arm bushing
New tie rods (these are pretty hard to find for pre '70 140's...)
New 15x5.5 164 wheels
195/60/15
Poly steering linkage bushings
Stainless flex lines
New pads/rotors
Rebuilt master cylinder

Engine (B18):

Rebuilt SU HS6's
Pertronix electronic ignition
2" exhaust for 142E models
K&N filters in stock blue filter housings

Body:

Always replacing various trim bits and seals...
Buffed out some of the oxidized paint- photos to follow as that progresses

This is the CL ad. Rough, but she's all there:

Engine bay. It's a '68, so it has a B18b with two SU's. When I got it:

Engine Bay Rev. 1:

Interior when I got it:

I'll update this thread with shots of the interior, which I replaced from the ground up. (carpet, seat foam and covers, stereo, etc.). I also did some suspension stuff, wheels, and so on. I'll add more photos later.

Last edited:
do your pictures get any smaller or bigger ?

update this, I like looking at 140 projects... but I dont like to take off my glasses to see the large pics and use a magnifying glass for small picture:-P

Looks nice from here...even though I agree on the various pic sizes ;-)
What about the floors and undercarriage...from sitting on grass, any or how much, rot there!?

/ sven

Looks nice from here...even though I agree on the various pic sizes ;-)
What about the floors and undercarriage...from sitting on grass, any or how much, rot there!?

/ sven

When I got to it, it had been sitting on grass, but it must have been on pavement most of the time, because there is ZERO rust on the undercarriage or floor pans!

And fine, I'll be better about sizing my photos from here on out. Here are a few teasers until I can take some iPhone pictures to document what I've done.

Dat ass:

Nardi wheel and GT gauges:

New rear speakers and shelf I made from some spare sapele I found at the shop:

I'll take some less artsy photos to better show what the car currently looks like.

Thanks for the interest!

Last edited:
The old girl's cleaning up nicely with some Meguire's Show Car Glaze #4 and light cutting compound.

I was going to paint the car, but after driving it as-is for so long, I've begun to really like the patina. The burn-throughs aren't ideal, but I'm just going to polish over everything and call it good. This car has character and I'd like to keep it that way.

Last edited:
I'm driving the car to Tahoe in a few hours, but hopefully I'll have some time while I'm up there to take some boring iPhone photos for ya. :)

That, or we will break down and freeze to death.

from huge/tiny pictures to "styled" that leave too much out.. damn it deliver already :-P

We made it up to Tahoe with zero issues, other than having a top speed of 70 mph. The M41 swap cannot come soon enough.

Since I have the transmission out, should I be thinking about doing anything to it before I put it in? I was going to get a gasket kit and replace those, but I'm not sure what else I should be looking at while it's on my bench. Any thoughts?

glad to see it back on the road! long live 140s

Last edited:
Oh, it'll do 90+, but I cruised at 4k or below to keep the noise down. The M40 and the rear end are particularly noisy in this car. The M41 and the 70+ rear end I have are nearly silent. That, plus the OD would make 4 hour drives MUCH more enjoyable.

I was just going to wait until I had the B20 done, and do the motor and trans swap at the same time. But now I think I'll put the M41 in sooner than that.

It should do @ 92 flat out even with a BW 35.

Back