• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Got some stuff accomplished - helrazor's '90 700

looks great man, need to respray those bumpers though
Done!! Actually did it a few weeks ago. I used the dye method in grey.

BEFORE -
IMG_5895.jpg

AFTER - Should go faster with shiny stuff in front, smoother, less drag!
IMG_6030.jpg

I also rattle canned the grill because the dye didn't do much good on that. The dye did do good on the fan assembly behind the grill, looks like new back there. Also repainted the 240 'TURBO' badge. Layed down a white pin stripe over the Volvo slash. And, I picked up a NOS Volvo center badge a few years back at the IPD Garage Sale for 5 bucks before I even owned a 740, turns out it fits the 740.
IMG_6029.jpg

Another shot......
IMG_6006.jpg

looks sweet, what dye was it?
I think it would look cleaner w/o the fogs

I used the 'Showroom New' dye.

Realy? Is that the concensus, no love for the factory fogs? I consider them kind of rare. It might look cleaner without them but they sure put out some light. I like 'em.

Next project.....ported exhaust mani & flat flange.

I used the 'Showroom New' dye.

Realy? Is that the concensus, no love for the factory fogs? I consider them kind of rare. It might look cleaner without them but they sure put out some light. I like 'em.

Next project.....ported exhaust mani & flat flange.

I like the fogs on the 90 cars, makes it look a little more aggressive, imho.....

Oh I didn't realize those are factory, the lenses make them look a little bit cheap. Like the blue plastic ones at Autozone. But these are probably what those are trying to impersonate. Now that I see it from that view, I think I do like them!

Sounds like a shop to avoid from now on. That may be another good lesson learned from all this.

That 15G info is rather timely as I'm porting and clocking mine as we speak. I'm gonna be extra diligent now about re-assembling it. I think I'll drill some new holes for the locating dowels instead of removing them like everybody says to.
Regards, Eric

Knowing what I know now, I don’t think drilling new holes is necessary but I suppose it wouldn’t hurt. If the clip is in there just right it will hold tight.

Last edited:
Back