• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 total cost

Another good swap to consider is the BMW getrag. Probably careful shopping you could do it for about the same price and have a more refined trans that is also quite strong.

I used the kaplhenke adapter with the machined bell housing I think was around $400
The clutch kit was $380 from South bend
Modified M47 front half drive shaft was $125.
300zx turbo T5 off of CL was $100.
Ford input shaft was $90
Miscellaneous stuff like peel off shim for the input shaft ~$35
300zx trans mount from Rock Auto was ~$60

been down that road

here a thought, it is possible to source off the shelf bearings for the M47? Some new bearings and if you have several dead transmissions around might be able to assemble a good one from salvaged good parts?

M90's are ok, for what they are. Same issue as an M46/M47. No parts available, would likely never die in an n/a car tho. Didn't come in 240 so lots of adapting as well.

I had 2 and tried to piece together 1. I bought all the bearings i could find. Made some of the special tools. I have had experience rebuilding ford toploaders back in the day. I had a retired friend that rebuilt manual trans. for a living. We had a copy of greenbook for m47. All went fine until one day it start making noise. Few miles later it went crunch. I had to limp home in 4th. Almost all the gear lost their teeth. My guess is you cant use diiferent gear together out of different boxes or their was some cracked teeth and they broke? But not going to do it again.

I've had third gear split apart and come off the shaft in a M46. Then third became neutral. All the other gears including overdrive still worked. lol I would like to try rebuilding an M47 or M46. I have a few around to work on.

Back