• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

aftermarket rods and pistons b23ft?

haltechsupra

Who sells em? I need H beam rods and 7.5.1 low cr forged pistons, as well as 16 v crank gear. Afaik the wrist pin between the b23ft and b230f are different with the b23ft being larger. The rods are obviously larger in almost every way on the b23ft, same as b21ft.

Hey I respect this guy.

B2X stuff is different than B23X stuff!

I got respect for Josh too! We bumped into each other the other morning.

Who sells em? I need H beam rods and 7.5.1 low cr forged pistons, as well as 16 v crank gear. Afaik the wrist pin between the b23ft and b230f are different with the b23ft being larger. The rods are obviously larger in almost every way on the b23ft, same as b21ft.

I do and am about to send in another order. This time they're going to be I profile rather than H at the request of some guys in Sweden.. Also going to to add some meat in the palm area where the rod flares out to the big end...
Same 7/16" rod bolts as always....bigger than stock, not smaller.
Same price for B21/23 as for B200/B230....again they'll be 160mm center to center for most---some of the Swedes are in classic classes and must retain the stock B23 145mm c-c and the huge heavy 46mm compression distance but if there is no rule forcing you to do that it makes sense to reduce reciprocating weight and saving a pound per hole of reciprocating is real nice.

Same price as everybody else...they are all made in the same place after all.

You doing 16v sounds like so I think you'll want to go straight to KL Racing in Sweden for the bottom pulley...

Going to want a nice steel flywheel with some clutch that will hold?
Doing another run of flywheels---this time 100% in house to avoid any problems.

I'll be gone till next Tuesday, going to Arizona to say bye to my 89 year old mom...so call after that, its always the best.

Hey John, why the switch to I beam from H beam? Will you still offer H beams? Going to go do some reading. How often do you place orders? I was likely going to order some in the next month or two.

Jordan

Thanks for the suggestions all. John V can you email me prices to istuntitup@gmail.com please sir? I do need to talk with you about flywheel options as a matter of fact. I got the aw71l to hold a decent amount of power , but its already slipping in od and will just get worse as it goes, even though i don't do power pulls in od. I have the 700r4 trans adapter that also will bolt a t56 up to a redblock. The missing link would be the clutch and flywheel pressure plate setup. I was thinking of checking out your upgraded flywheel or getting a one off made, that will bolt to red block, then using the t 56 clutch, assuming i can get these parts to mate correctly. I currently have two flywheels for the t 56, but they bolt to chevy 350s. I also have a center force clutch and pressure plate for a chevy 350.The t 56 i have is the one with the most splines-23 i think iirc, which is the stronger t 56 before they put oil coolers on them for newer camaros. Thoughts? Suggestions anyone?

---wanted to add , flywheel must have stock tone ring for stock crank sensor, as it was originally.

Last edited:
The delima is , i have a b23ft that crank has been knife edged and block has been oringed. Not sure how far it was over bored(fear full-how far can you safely go?) to fit b23et pistons from europe, and has a spun bearing. So i can turn the crank and build it , if the parts are compariable in price for rods and pistons-et compression is just too high. If not i have a b230f squirter motor that can be built with just rods and pistons, and no other fancy knife edge weight reducing stuffs.

And John, Sorry to hear about your Mom, not sure if shes ill, or your just leaving town or what, but either way, My condolences on whatever the situation may be.

Agreed about 200 r4, hard to find out here. I would love to keep an auto but cant pass up the opportunity to address the lag issue with a clutch. Plus one less cooler on the front helps.

Back