• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Garrett T3 (from b204GT) - regeneration or swap?

re5pect

Hi,
I have b230ft engine with a few mods:
- garret t3 turbo
- 440cc green giants
- custom IC
- 3" MAF
- 3" DP with 2,5" open exhaust.
- stage4 chip
- some more...

My turbo is Garrett T3 from b204gt engine. I need 1,3bar (19psi)of boost.

My garrett needs regeneration. Boost falls from 1,3bar to 0,8bar and the turbocharger has oil leaks...

And now the question. Is that turbocharger worth regeneration?

If it isn't worth it, which turbocharger can I buy?

(I know that Td04hl-19t will be perfect, but to put it I need to change exhaust manifold, DP, oil feed and water feed).
If I buy new turbo, I wanted to put it p&p without many other modifications.

Sure it's worth rebuilding. It's also worth upgrading to the ATP Ultimate Wastegate and getting a larger/more modern compressor wheel and housing from a reputablew turbo shop.

Garrett T3 is comparable with TD04hl-15g/16t/19t? I've no idea how much can I achieve with it.

Any other opinions about this turbo or swap?

The stock turbo on those has a 60mm od 55 trim compressor wheel in a 0.42a/r housing with integrated CBV. Turbine side is a 0.48 a/r housing with no removable wastegate flange, it is integrated.

With those data you can compare it with other turbos. Size wise I'd say 18t and up is a worthwhile upgrade compared to this b204 unit. In stock form the wastegate is nothing special.

About the low boost, the actuator on those turbos is quite weak. Maybe look into that as well.

Last edited:
UPDATE

I've ordered new T3 turbo. How much boost can I set with it? 1,3bar is not enough...
Is 1,5bar safe for it? :)

Back